Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has said it recovered the sum of 152.08 billion naira in the year 2021 just as President Muhammadu Buhari administration decision cost the country to lose over 560 billion naira in almost seven months in the year under review.
EFCC in its annual reports yesterday indicated that the anti graft commission recovered 386.2 dollar, 1.1 euros amongst other foreign and local currencies allegedly stolen from Nigeria amounting to 152,088,698,751.64 billion naira in total.
“Did you know that the EFCC recovered the aggregate sum of N152,088,698,751.64; $386,220,202.84; £1,182,519.75; €156,246.76; 1,723,310.00 Saudi Riyal, 1,900.00 South African Rand, and 1,400.00 Canadian Dollar between January and December 2021?”,EFCC news letter reads.
Also yesterday, President Muhammadu Buhari restored the twitter domain for public use in Nigeria after the President had on Wednesday approved the reconnection of the twitter services he banned over the removal of his post.
The President had on June 4, 2021 issued an order for the ban of twitter in Nigeria and the enforcement took effect on June 5, 2021 forcing many Nigerians to resort to the use of Virtual Private Network, VPN to access the social media site.
Despite the use of VPN, activities of Nigerians on the social media site during the ban became more and very low most especially when the President directed television stations and other Broadcasting media organisations through National Broadcasting Commission to stop the usage of the social media site, a development many considered it to be against press freedom.
Director-General of the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA, Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi in a statement on Wednesday disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari had approved the lifting of the ban on Twitter following the memo written to the President by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami.
The twitter domain was finally restored on Thursday 13, 2022.
Netblocks, an internet observatory tracking network disruption and shutdowns in its tracking tools developed to track down economic impact in internet disruption calculated an amount worth over 1.4 billion dollars lost by Nigerians as a result of President Muhammadu Buhari administrative decision.
The 1.4 billion dollars on a conservative exchange rate of 400 naira to a dollar will amount to 560 billion naira lost as a result of President Muhammadu Buhari administrative decisive corruption which is more than 30 percent higher than alleged stolen money and other assets recovered by the EFCC.
Many considered President Muhammadu Buhari Twitter ban as a decisive administrative corruption merely for the President to boost his ego with little or no proper consideration of the economic impact and capable set back.
One of the achievements reeled out by the Presidency, through one of his spokespersons, Garba Shehu on his first tweet yesterday after the ban lifted, is that the President has succeeded in making the twitter Incorporation to register with Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission and built its physical present in Nigeria.
OsazuwaAkonedo reports that you don’t need fight or war to force twitter or any organisation to register his physical present in your territory as a responsible government.
Fairness in government economic policies and procedures demand a responsible government gives businesses enough time and series of notices ahead of new acceptable policy or policies in his domain to avoid loss in trying to generate more revenue and ensure political stability.
President Muhammadu Buhari had accused twitter of helping the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB and its leader Nnamdi Kanu to abuse his government and promote violences in the country.
But since the ban of Twitter by President Muhammadu Buhari on the basis of suspected anger over the removal of his post with veto power as the President, the activities of IPOB became more pronounced and the operations of the armed wing of IPOB known as Eastern Security Network also speculated to be the members of the unknown gunmen terrorizing the South Eastern states in the country became more dangerous and unabated.
- Kogi Gov’s Wife Rashida On The Run Over N3b Fraud, Nephew, Others Sent To PrisonAdvertisements By Press Unit Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, arraigned one Ali Bello, a … Read More “Kogi Gov’s Wife Rashida On The Run Over N3b Fraud, Nephew, Others Sent To Prison” »
- Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake StrikeAdvertisements Death toll from Monday devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria has risen to eleven thousand. President and Chief Executive … Read More “Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake Strike” »
- Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court RulesAdvertisements Nigeria apex Court, Supreme Court of Justice has ruled that the February 10 deadline for the usage of the … Read More “Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court Rules” »
- ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira NotesAdvertisements By Press Unit As part of ongoing efforts at ensuring that commercial banks comply with the Central Bank of … Read More “ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira Notes” »
- New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian TownAdvertisements By News Agency Residents digging through a collapsed building in a northwest Syrian town discovered a crying infant whose … Read More “New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian Town” »