8 New Terrorism Charges: FG Holds Nnamdi Kanu Responsible For Sit-At-Home Order Started While Already In DSS Custody
One of the count charges of terrorism preferred against the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government maybe the sit-at-home order issued and canceled by the new leadership of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB in protest for the unconditional release of the rearrested Biafra agitation leader in Kenya mid year 2021.
A signed amended count charges document made available by the lead Defense Lawyer to the detained Biafra leader, Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor indicated that Nnamdi Kanu issued a broadcast that threatened banks and other businesses in the Southeastern states of Nigeria to close and refused to open for business operations on a date the new count charge did not specify.
Count two of the newly amended count charges of terrorism reads thus:
“That you Nnamdi Kanu, Male, Adult, of Afaranukwu lbeku, Umuahla North Local Government Area of Abia State sometimes in 2021 did commit an act in furtherance of an act of Terrorism against the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the People of Nigeria made a broadcast received and heard in Nigeria within the Jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, with intent to intimidate the population, you issued a deadly threat that anyone who flouted your sit-at-home order should “write his/her Will’ as a result, Banks, Schools, Markets, Shopping-Malls, Fuel Stations domiciled in the Eastern States of Nigeria were not opened for businesses, citizens and vehicular movements in the Eastern
States of Nigeria were grounded within the Jurisdiction of this Honourable Court and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 1(2)06) of the Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act, 2013″
It would be recalled that Nnamdi Kanu was presented before the public on June 28, 2021 after being rearrested by Federal Government on earlier date towards the last week of June 2021.
Information gathered that Nnamdi Kanu had been under the custody of those who allegedly Kidnapped or rearrested him in Kenya since the last week of May, 2021.
May 30th, every year is usually a day set aside by the Igbo people as Biafra National Day whereby shops, Banks, Markets and other businesses do not open for operation for fear of being attacked by angry youths who may not need anybody’s control or order to enforce the agreed Biafra decision that have been reoccurring for the past 8 to 10 years before Nnamdi Kanu led Biafra movement started.
But May 30th, 2021 being Sunday, a Holy day, the Southeast states predominantly Christians set aside for worship or attend Church, the annual sit-at-home formerly referred to as stay indoor was moved to Monday 31st, May 2021.
There was high level compliance by residents in the Southeastern states of Nigeria.
Nnamdi Kanu who was earlier facing treasonable felony charges and granted bail by Federal High Court fled the country when group of Nigeria Soldiers he suspected were coming to kill him invaded his family home at Afaranukwu Ibeku in Abia State on a date in September 2017.
Continuous sit-at-home order became observed in the Southeast states of Nigeria every Monday starting August 9, 2021 as a protest after the Federal Government of Nigeria failed to bring Nnamdi Kanu to Court in the previous Monday court sitting.
IPOB issued the order in protest to free Nnamdi Kanu who was already in the custody of Department of State Services, DSS as at late June, 2021.
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »
- Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In BelgorodOne of the Sympathizer groups, Liberty of Russia Legion fighting Russia military in favour of Ukraine has accused President Vladimir … Read More “Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In Belgorod” »
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »