A God Sent Helper Who Assisted Me In Every Endeavour Of Life__Edo APC Governorship Candidate Osagie Ize-Iyamu Mourns Captain Hosa Okunbo
I learnt today (Sunday August 8, 2021) of the passing on to glory of Captain Hosa Wells Okunbo.
I thank God for an exemplary life of service.
Captain Hosa was a leader and role model who through his compassion and generosity, demonstrated the true essence of success:- living meaningfully and in faithful commitment to the greater purpose of one’s life.
Captain Hosa earned the respect and affection of many in the country and beyond with his remarkable personal accomplishments which saw him triumph in all the territories accessible to man.
He was exceptional as an aviator, formidable and incredibly successful as an oil and gas magnate, Security consultant and no doubt a force to reckon with in agriculture.
As one of the true icons to have walked our ground, he had a special knack and the visionary brilliance to recognize opportunities long before others could see them, and the discipline and talent to build efficient systems and organizations out of bold ideas.
He was a man of many dreams and ambitions who was able to defeat the limitations of the circumstances surrounding his birth and claim a prominent spot in our national memory.
He was a solution provider.
Although Captain was an international business man of repute, he was equally proud of his culture and tradition and was detribalized.
Through personal achievements and contributions, he showed the world the true spirit and potential of the Edo people.
Captain Hosa’s personal warmth and philanthropy endeared him to many, all of whom now bear witness to his unfettered kindness.
To everyone who needed help and support, he was ready to offer his ears, network and economic strength.
This philanthropic nature of his was borne out of his unwavering love for God.
As such, he can proudly say as in (Second) Timothy 4 verses 7-8:
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course. I have kept the faith. Hence, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day and not to me only, but unto all of them that love His appearing.”
Personally, Capitano as I respectfully called him was not just a beloved elder brother and friend, he was also a God sent helper who supported me tremendously in every endeavor of life.
He assisted me to build churches and was always willing to give to the work of God. Indeed, a million parts do not come close to account for the beauty he brought to this life.
If it were possible, I will give anything to have him back one more moment, for one more memory as there was no time to say goodbye; but I am consoled because heaven is one star brighter.
This is because Captain has not died. He has only transited to be with his maker having fulfilled his purpose.
Philippians 1 verse 21 reminds us:
“to live is Christ and to die is gain”.
Therefore, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” ((First) Corinthians 15: 55).
We will celebrate his life and the measure of its worth. We will remember him in every tomorrow. We will remember the joy he gave, the laughter he shared and the smile he wore.
We will honor his legacy.
I am grateful to his family for sharing Captain with us, and send my most heartfelt condolences to them at this very difficult hour.
I pray that the Almighty God would grant them and all who knew Captain, the strength to bear this separation and may He, in His infinite mercies, grant Captain Hosa Wells Okunbo eternal rest. Amen.
Frankly, “I thank my God every time I remember him.”
– Philippians 1:3
Adieu my dear brother.
@views exclusive rights: Osagie Ize-Iyamu, APC candidate in the last Edo State Governorship Election, August 8, 2021.
It would be recalled that Captain Idahosa Wells Okunbo well known as Captain Hosa Okunbo, yesterday died in London Hospital after battling with an ailment that kept him out of public domain for over a year now.
Captain Hosa Okunbo, a business billionaire and trained Commercial pilot was visible in the public domain during the last concluded Edo State Governorship election that ushered in Godwin Obaseki as Governor of the state for second term.
He campaigned against the Governor; appearing in videos with certain allegations; and was first to write a letter to accept the victory of Governor Godwin Obaseki at the poll.
Since after the election, Captain Hosa was no longer too noticed in the public domain. Information indicated that the billionaire has been battling for life since then due to failing poor health before and after the election.
He died yesterday at London Hospital at the age of 63.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »