Returning Officer incharge of Ihiala local government in the Anambra Governorship supplementary election conducted yesterday said the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC could not conduct election in all the 14 polling units at Orsumoghu and some parts of Lilu communities in the Ihiala local government area of the state due to insecurity.
The returning officer said the INEC officials were refused entry due to insecurity caused by unknown gunmen.
Some policemen at the Orsumoghu area have earlier turned journalists and other election observers back while the police men said they were in gun battle with the unknown gunmen for hours, pushing them back from gaining access to the main town to disrupt the election.
In place of election results, a written note signed by Nafiu Mohammed and placed accross the 14 polling units on INEC election result portal reads in thus: “Election was disrupted due to insecurity at all polling units in Orsumoghu”
It would be recalled the Deputy Commissioner of Police incharge of Operations in Anambra state, Remi Adeoye has said unknown gunmen are currently in control of six communities, namely; Azia, Mbosi, Orsumoghu, Lilu, Isseke, and Ubuluisiuzor in the Ihiala local government area of the state.
- Corruption: Soludo Bans Politicians, Public Servants From Open Donations In Anambra19 views By Press Unit Governor of Anambra State; Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo CFR was at St Matthew Catholic Church Amawbia today 4th December 2022, as the church mark it’s 2022 harvest and bazaar in a style. While addressing the Catholic faithful, he urged Ndi Anambra to ensure they play their part in whatever little… Continue
- How Governors Pocket Monies Meant For LGA – Buhari8 views By Garba Shehu President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Abuja flayed the tendency of some chief executives to encourage corruption at the local government system, thereby inhibiting development at the grassroots. The President spoke at a parley with members of the Senior Executive Course (SEC) No. 44 (2022) of the National Institute for… Continue
- How Edo Received N18.2b, Delta N129.5b Oil Derivation Refund 2021-2022 – FG10 views By Garba Shehu Nine oil-producing states received a total of 625.43 billion naira 13 percent oil derivation, subsidy and SURE-P refunds from the Federation Account in the last two years, 2021-2022. The states that received the refunds dating from 1999 to 2021 are Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and… Continue
- Troops Burst Terrorists Armoury In Borno10 views Men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria have recovered alot of high precision mass destruction weapons in Borno State. Nigerian Army Press Unit in a statement on Friday indicated that the troops also killed several ISWAP, Boko Haram terrorists around Wajiroko-Damboa road in Borno. The Army in the press statement said that the… Continue
- Army Bombs Terrorists Gathering In Kaduna9 views By Samuel Aruwan Air component of Operation Whirl Punch has reported to the Kaduna State Government that several missions were conducted at various locations of interest in frontline areas. According to the reports, following credible intelligence of bandits gathering around Ukambo, Chikun Local Government Area, air platforms targeted the location and struck it… Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]