Yet to be ascertained total number of Policemen were killed today by unknown gunmen between the hours of 11 in the morning till afternoon around Ihembosi community after Okija river in the Ihiala local government area of Anambra state.
Over 4 bodies were seen lifeless on the bush path along the Onitsha-Owerri road.
Three vehicles belonging to the Nigeria Police Force were set on fire.
Residents said the unknown gunmen also killed a man at Azia junction in Ihiala town.
It was gathered that some passengers were hit by bullets in the gun battle between the large number of Policemen on the road and the unknown gunmen.
Some onlookers said most of the Policemen ran into residential buildings while the unknown gunmen continued to spray bullets.
Motorists abandoned their vehicles and ran for safety.
Soldiers at the Uli-Ihiala border quickly made clearance, asked passengers and motorists to keep a very long distance while they set for gun battle, according to residents.
Residents said the soldiers in some hours after advanced to Orlu-Ihiala T-junction by Total filling station, drive residents indoor and warned them to keep a long distance.
Residents said soldiers have taken over the internal security of Ihiala main town, patrolling streets.
It was gathered that as at yesterday there was a rumour of sit-at-home today in Ihiala town. It could not be ascertained if the rumour was to inform the residents ahead of today’s attack.
- Nnamdi Kanu To Unknown Gunmen: We Are Fighting To Defend Our People, Not To Kill Them8 views Detained Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has called on Unknown Gunmen and other civilian armed groups responsible for the insecurity in the southeast states also known and referred to as Biafra land to desist from activities causing loss of lives in the states. Nnamdi Kanu made the Continue
- JungleJustice: Pregnant Woman Stabbed In Imo, Not Dead – Police7 views Imo State Command of the Nigeria Police Force has said that the Pregnant Woman, Mrs Sandra Onyema allegedly stabbed to death by an angry youth, Chikere Okoro at Nekede area of Owerri, the Imo State capital recently is alive, and she’s not dead as rumoured by sympathisers that led to the suspect almost Continue
- Buhari To APC Officials: Be Truthful, Fair To All9 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Abuja said leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC) will sustain the hearing and healing process that it started to ensure fairness, justice and oneness before the 2023 general elections. In an audience with some APC senators on the outcome of the party primaries and its Continue
- I’m Ending My Marriage Because I Don’t Want To Leave As A Corpse – ChaCha Eke24 views Since the death of Osinachi Nwachukwu, the Ekwueme music star, Nigerians are becoming more concerned about married women who are experiencing domestic violence in their marriage to quit. The latest to demonstrate the courage for obvious self defence to protest her life against possible life threatening marriage, is a Nollywood actress, ChaCha EkeFaani, Continue
- No Pregnant Woman In Our Custody – EFCC5 views By Press Unit The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to some reports in a section of the media, alleging that the Commission is detaining “a pregnant woman, nursing mother, others, over vote – buying”, consequent on some arrests made in the wake of the recent governorship Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]