Anambra State Governor, Willie Obaino has said Nigeria is enmeshed with enemies within.
Govenor Obiano in a message to the people of Anambra state few hours ago on the occassion of the Nigeria 61st Independence anniversary, said this year independence anniversary does not call for wild celebration, adding, he is aware of plot by some persons to rig the forthcoming November 6 Anambra Governorship election.
A Special Address by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano to Mark the 61st Independence Anniversary of Nigeria
Ndi Anambra ekenem unu.
Today, on the 61st Independence Anniversary of our country, I wish to assure you that it is well with Anambra State. It is well with Nigeria!
We are in very critical period of our evolution as a free society. Almost every day, we witness events that test our patience as members of a sane society and our resolve as those charged with the responsibility of providing leadership to our people.
We are confronted by the sight of evil and the brazen display of callousness that is alien to our people. We see our brothers and sister bleed to death from wounds inflicted by their fellow compatriots. And we are forced to ask ourselves, “who is the enemy?”
Fellow citizens, Nigeria’s Independence was a long drawn battle; fought with so much brain and brawn.
Sadly, 61 years after, Nigeria is enmeshed in a different kind of battle…it is not a battle with external aggressors but a battle with enemies within.
But just like our founding fathers fought against the colonial masters and overcame them to give us the gift of Independence, this generation will fight Nigeria’s internal enemies to strengthen the unity of Nigeria.
Every generation must fight its own battles, win them and set a bright agenda for posterity!
For us in Anambra State, we have just stepped into our decisive moment.
37 days from today, Ndi Anambra will decide who will be their next governor. The approaching election has created a strange desperation among the political class leading to acts that are not only inimical to the regime of peace that my administration has entrenched in our beloved state for eight years but also a threat to democracy.
The deliberate attempt to heat up the system and create the impression of chaos in Anambra State is a ploy by desperate political leaders to wet the ground and provide a perfect alibi for electoral malpractices.
We are aware of this plot; and we shall resist it with all our might!
Ndi Anambra our dear state has been the safest state in Nigeria for eight long years. We shall not allow some unconscionable politicians to turn Anambra into a theater of crime and absurdity.
The negative identity they are trying to foist on Anambra State shall not prevail. We shall rise together to protect our state, protect our communities and defend our democracy!
Ndi Anambra, November 6, 2021 is our date with destiny. On that day, we shall decide whether we shall continue our steady march into the Promised Land or turn around and head back to Egypt. But we may do well to remember that my Team and I have changed the story of Anambra State in the past eight years.
With a highly rated International Cargo and Passenger Airport, the largest Convention Center in Nigeria, a brand new Awka City Stadium, three gleaming flyovers and 18 bridges, Golden Tulip Agulu Lake Hotel, a thriving agricultural revolution and solid education and health sectors, my administration has laid a formidable foundation for the Anambra of our dream.
We have endeared our great party, the All Progressive Grand Alliance to Ndi Anambra with a stellar performance. Therefore, we have no doubt that our people know where to vote on November 6, 2021.
Fellow citizens, this Independence Anniversary does not call for wild celebrations. It is a day for Reflection and stock taking. Our dear state is on the threshold of change.
This is a great moment in history and we must rise together to take ownership of tomorrow, today. We cannot afford to be impartial observers in a political process that will shape our collective destiny as a people.
We all have a role to play to keep our dear state safe and ensure that the coming election offers Anambra State a chance to stay on the highway of greatness. We have a moral duty to come out in our numbers and cast our votes according to our conscience on November 6, 2021.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets27 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari16 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs16 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]