Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has asked the Nigeria military to carpet-bomb forests used as hideout by terrorists group known as bandits in the Northern states of the country and ignored collateral damage which implies innocent casualties that may be kidnapped victims and children born and raised by suspected members of the terrorists group.
Governor Nasir El-Rufai made the call on Monday while speaking on Arise TV.
“Let’s carpet-bomb the forests and bomb all of them. There will be collateral damage, but it’s better to wipe them out and get people back to our communities so that agriculture and rural economics can pick up.
“I’ve always believed that you know, we should carpet-bomb the forests; we can replant the trees after.
“These bandits operate in the periphery because their hiding place is in the forest. It’s a major problem. The security agencies are doing their best but they are overstretched.
“The reality is we don’t have enough boots on the ground to address the myriad of security challenges that we face, and these security challenges are asymmetric, widespread, and there’s no part of Nigeria that doesn’t have one security problem or the other.
“Ramp up the number of boots and more technology and more investment in armament and wipe these guys once and for all”, El-Rufai said.
Meanwhile, Nigeria Government said It has secured the approval of the United States of America government to use the newly acquired Super Tucano fighter jets to gain access into bandits and other terrorists hideout and bomb them.
Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of justice, Abubakar Malami, during an interview on Good Morning Nigeria, a breakfast show on the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, today said the Federal Government secured the clearance after assuring America that it would be used according to international best practices.
”The gazetting of the Super Tucano is in progress. The clearance to use the Super Tucano has also been obtained”, the AGF said.
- LP Supporter Chude Nnamdi Arrested Over Social Media Statement – IGPAdvertisements Office of the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba has issued a statement to clarify why Labour Party supporter, … Read More “LP Supporter Chude Nnamdi Arrested Over Social Media Statement – IGP” »
- Soludo Asks Tinubu To Release Nnamdi KanuAdvertisements 2023 General Elections in Nigeria have come and gone. Elections in Anambra were generally peaceful, and I commend all … Read More “Soludo Asks Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu” »
- I Will Die Soon – OdumejeAdvertisements Anambra based Imo State born Prophet, Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere well known as Prophet Odumeje has said he will die soon. … Read More “I Will Die Soon – Odumeje” »
- Zulum Wins All LGAs In BornoAdvertisements By Press Unit Borno Governor and All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has secured 85% … Read More “Zulum Wins All LGAs In Borno” »
- Soldiers Invade Police State Headquarters In Taraba, Kill 3, Shot At CP VehiclesAdvertisements Some men of the Nigerian Army have invaded the State Command Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force in Jalingo, … Read More “Soldiers Invade Police State Headquarters In Taraba, Kill 3, Shot At CP Vehicles” »