Boko Haram: Borno Re-opens Chibok Secondary School 7 Years After
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum has reopened Chibok Government Secondary School where over 276 of the school girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists on April 14, 2014.
The school reopened recently was one of the major campaign used against the then President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan prior to the 2015 presidential election.
The kidnapping attracted both local and international observers with globally recognized artistes displaying inscription of ‘Bring Back Our Girls’
Some of the kidnapped victims are still kept captive by Boko Haram terrorists with one of the victims, Leah Sharibu becoming prominent for refusing to deny her Christian faith even in the face of death before the deadly terrorists.
“After 7 years of closure, I have today reopened Government Secondary School Chibok where 276 school girls were abducted on 14 April 2014.
“We will never allow that unfortunate incident or something similar to that weaken our determination towards providing free and compulsory education to every each and every child in the state.
“For now, the school will be operating as a day school and not as a boarding school”, said Borno state government, Babagana Zulum
- Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In EdoEdo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki has reduced till further notice days workers both in the … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In Edo” »
- Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLCNigeria Labour Congress, NLC has said it considered among others the social political mood in Nigeria arising from the last … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLC” »
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »