Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum has reopened Chibok Government Secondary School where over 276 of the school girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists on April 14, 2014.
The school reopened recently was one of the major campaign used against the then President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan prior to the 2015 presidential election.
The kidnapping attracted both local and international observers with globally recognized artistes displaying inscription of ‘Bring Back Our Girls’
Some of the kidnapped victims are still kept captive by Boko Haram terrorists with one of the victims, Leah Sharibu becoming prominent for refusing to deny her Christian faith even in the face of death before the deadly terrorists.
“After 7 years of closure, I have today reopened Government Secondary School Chibok where 276 school girls were abducted on 14 April 2014.
“We will never allow that unfortunate incident or something similar to that weaken our determination towards providing free and compulsory education to every each and every child in the state.
“For now, the school will be operating as a day school and not as a boarding school”, said Borno state government, Babagana Zulum
- President Kim Jong-un In ‘Tears’, Begs Women To Have More ChildrenNorth Korea President, Kim Jong-un has burst into tears before a crowd of Korean mothers, begging the women to have … Read More “President Kim Jong-un In ‘Tears’, Begs Women To Have More Children” »
- Iran Court Fines US Govt $49.7b Over General Qassem Soleimani AssassinationIranian court in Tehran has ordered United States of America to pay the sum of $49.7 billion for the killing … Read More “Iran Court Fines US Govt $49.7b Over General Qassem Soleimani Assassination” »
- 14 Passengers Killed, 32 Injured As Bus Crash In ThailandNo fewer than 14 people have been killed in Thailand on Tuesday when a bus crashed into a tree in … Read More “14 Passengers Killed, 32 Injured As Bus Crash In Thailand” »
- Nigeria Police Arrests 4 Policemen For Kidnapping In RiversMen of the Nigeria Police Force have arrested four police operatives for kidnapping and demanding ransom from a hotel worker … Read More “Nigeria Police Arrests 4 Policemen For Kidnapping In Rivers” »
- Zelenskyy To Address US Congress Over Ukraine War Funding DebateUkrainian President, Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been invited to address members of the US Senate on Tuesday amid a push by … Read More “Zelenskyy To Address US Congress Over Ukraine War Funding Debate” »