Few hours after the Nigeria Chief of Army Staff, Major General Faruk Yahaya visited operational commands in Monguno and Damaturu on Saturday and ordered troops to destroy all terrorists enclave in the Northeastern Nigeria, Boko Haram carried out an offensive attack on Sunday killing two soldiers with some others wounded.
Nigerian Army said he lost two soldiers in the Sunday attack but killed 12 Boko Haram terrorists with many of them fleeing with bullet wounds.
Nigerian Army in statement signed by Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the Director of Army Public Relations and made available to the press few hours ago said:
Troops of 152 Task Force Battalion in conjunction with the Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI on Sunday, 27 June, 2021 dealt a devastating blow on marauding Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) while attempting to infiltrate the Forward Operational Base at Bula Yobe in Borno State.
The terrorists, who came mounted on Gun trucks and several motorcycles attacked the location via an unsuspected crossing point, but were met with heavy volume of fire from the vigilant troops.
The Land troops, in their usual dexterity swiftly and decisively engaged the terrorists, subsequently forcing them to retreat, having lost initiative.
The troops sustained the fire fight and successfully neutralised 12 terrorists, with several others fleeing with gun shot wounds.
The troops gallantly captured one Gun Truck, one Self Propelled Gun-9, one Dushika Gun and one mounted Q.J.C Machine Gun. Other items captured are one Light Machine Gun and five A.K 47 Rifles.
Sadly, during the encounter two soldiers paid the supreme sacrifice, while five others sustained varying degrees of injury and have been evacuated by the Air component of O.P.H.K to a medical facility, where they are currently receiving medical attention.
The general area within FOB Bula Yobe is cool and calm under the control of troops of the battalion. Further exploitation by the resilient troops is ongoing .
The Chief of Army Staff, Major General Faruk Yahaya has lauded the Land troops and the Air Component for their synergy and quick response, which is in tandem with the ongoing rejigging of the counter terrorism counter insurgency operations in the North East.
He charged the troops to maintain the tempo and vehemently hold their ground, to deny the terrorists freedom of action.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »