His Royal Highness, Chief Osazuwa Aiwerioghene Iduriase, the Enogie of Eyean community and the Chief Executive Officer of Rialto Hotel has dissociated his self from the coronation invitation card indicating some group of persons planned to turban one Idriss Addano as the Sultan Shuwa Arab of Edo state.
A press release signed by the Enogie of Eyaen, Osazuwa Iduriase and made available by the former Chairman of the Edo State Chapter of Nigeria Union of Journalists, Desmond Agbama, the community chief said the Islamic group have not made payment to the Rialto hotel, adding the publication of the invitation card was done maliciously with bad intent.
The Enogie said the Islamic group approached him to use the hotel for a party but he’s suprised the party turned out to be coronation ceremony.
The attention of His Royal Highness, (Doctor) Osazuwa Aiwerioghene Iduriase JP, Enogie of Eyaen and Chief Executive of Rialto Hotel has been drawn to a coronation invitation of Sultan Idriss Addano as the Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State which has been scheduled to hold at Rialto Hotel Eyaen between August 21st and 22nd 2021.
The Enogie of Eyaen used this medium to dissociate himself and Rialto Hotel from the said coronation ceremony, stating that the publication of the use of Rialto Hotel for that event is malicious and was done in bad faith.
According to His Royal Highness, (Doctor) Osazuwa Aiwerioghene Iduriase JP, the people in question approached him that they want to use Rialto Hotel for a party, and later turned it to a coronation ceremony of Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State without his consent.Chief osazuwa Aiwerighene Iduriase said.
Enogie Osazuwa Iduriase said as a traditional ruler and custodian of the culture and tradition of Benin people, he is very much aware of the implication of such coronation ceremony in Benin Kingdom and that he will never be part of it directly or indirectly.
Furthermore, the Enogie of Eyaen states that he is aware that there can never be two kings in Benin Kingdom in whatever guise and that the Benin Kingdom recognises the existence of only one Sultan in Nigeria which is the Sultan of Sokoto.
(Doctor) Iduriase however warned those planning to use Rialto Hotel for such coronation ceremony to desist immediately, adding that his investigations revealed that the said group have not made any financial commitment to Rialto Hotel for the said event, but went ahead to publicise it in the media, a situation the Enogie described as a calculated attempt to bring his name and that of Rialto Hotel to public ridicule and disrepute.
It would be recalled the coronation of Sultan Shuwa Arab of Edo State has drawn more attention and condemnation from Edo people after the invitation card for the event went viral.
Inscription on the invitation card invited guests to the coronation of Idriss Addano as the Sultan Shuwa Arab of Edo state scheduled to hold between 21 to 22 August 2021 at Rialto Hotel along Auchi-Benin express way.
Wikipedia described the word “Sultan” as originally meaning; strength, rulership, authority and the title is now used by many rulers who claimed almost full sovereignty of the land in practical terms with lack of dependence on any higher ruler.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »