Ahead Monday planned mass action against Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki by youths in the state, some angry youths today staged protest at the entrance of the Edo State Geographic Information Service, EDOGIS to demand refund of the revenue paid for the processing and obtaining of land Certificate of Occupancy, C-of-O since the agency locked its gate against unvaccinated persons.
The action of the group may have forced the agency to close its operations and thus according to press statement published on the agency social media account few hours ago, EDOGIS directed the general public to use its alternative channels to contact the office for the meantime.
It would be recalled Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has started the enforcement of compulsory COVID-19 vaccination in the state earlier this month, stopping unvaccinated persons and people who refused to present themselves for COVID-19 vaccination access to public places in the state.
The enforcement has forced many youths in the state to plan and start mass protest against the governor action coming Monday.
“The Edo State Government through the Ministry of Health is enforcing the restriction of entry to government offices to non-vaccinated persons.
“Consequently, officials of the State Ministry of Health will be inspecting all visitors and customers to EDOGIS offices for compliance.
“We, therefore, wish to inform the general public to make use of our various electronic channels to contact the office in the meantime. Our offices remain open physically, for business to all citizens compliant with the State Government health regulations”, EDOGIS said in a statement this afternoon.
One of the protesting youths, and a human rights activist, Osazee Edigin, said if the EDOGIS like they can close their office till eternity but all he needed is to get service for the money he paid for.
“If EDOGIS like, they can shut down their office till eternity. What I want is service to be rendered for what I paid for or a total refund of my money.
“I can’t give you my money then you think you can set the rules you never had when I was paying because you feel you are a government agency.
“That won’t happen in my generation.
“I can decide to do a C of O or not, properties with C of O can still be revoked, what’s is the usefulness of it then?
“Make una give me my offer letter and C of O or give me refund my money. Shikena!”, Osazee Edigin said.
Osazee Edigin went further to the personal Facebook profile of the Managing Director of the Edo State Geographic Information Service, EDOGIS, Mr Frank Osa Evbuomwan to engage the authority to refund the money paid or send his C-of-O to him through courier service.
Frank Evbuomwan defended the action of the Edo State Government that EDOGIS few weeks ago earlier closed down because 4 of its staff became ill of COVID-19.
“We always practice what we preach. A few weeks ago, I had to close down EdoGIS because at least 4 of our staff became ill with Covid 19 with one of them requiring emergency hospitalization.
“Luckily, they all survived the experience. It is therefore a no-brainer that EDOGIS is fully in support of the actions of the State Government (through the State Ministry of Health) to help tackle this pandemic.
“We fully acknowledge and respect the rights of the people who choose not to get vaccinated; but at the same time, we reserve our rights to protect ourselves from potential carriers of the pandemic”, Frank Evbuomwan said.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets16 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari14 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs15 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]