Court Selects Journalists To Cover Nnamdi Kanu Trial
A signed document by Federal High Court, Abuja, showcased by the Founder of SaharaReporters, Omoyele Sowore indicated that the court has chosen those to cover the court proceedings of the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
OsazuwaAkonedo reports that the standard of any court of law is that it must have press gallery where any media practioner stays to cover legal processes.
The confirmation letter signed by Catherine Oby Christoper, the Chief Information Officer of Federal High Court of Nigeria indicated that Kayode Lawai of Herald, Vera Chiwuba and one cameraman of N.T.A, Taiye Agbaje of News Agency of Nigeria, Ella Daniels and one cameraman of Channels Television, Wumi Obabori and one cameraman of A.I.T, Eric Ikhilae of Nation, Ameh Ejekwonyilo of Online Premium Times, Alex Enumah of ThisDay, Paschal Njoku of Daily Independent and Tina Iria will be the only media practioners allowed into the court premises today to cover the legal process of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu who have been accused by Federal Government of Treasonable felony.
Some concerns indicated that the court of law should be a place of Justice and not of practice of questionable character.
People expressed concern that INEC only made available accredited tags through the Nigeria Union of Journalists to media houses, freelance and online journalists including the International press for easy passage and recognition by security operatives during elections and thus INEC does not select or chose who or who not to cover its activities in line the constitutional principles and requirement of transperency and fairness.
Omoyele Sowore accused the Department of State Services to be behind the threat to press freedom and questionable legal proceedings.
Omoyele Sowore also accused the selected media houses and Journalists of unprofessional practice, adding that the media organization could be the ones who applied to the Federal High Court for accredition against the tenets of the Journalism profession.
Lawless D.S.S had “accredited” only 10 media houses to cover Mazi Nnamdi Kanu trial, it will be a shame and a crime against freepress for any independent news source to apply to D.S.S for accreditation.
This is highly condemnable and embarrassing! Below is the satanic listsaid Omoyele Sowore.
OsazuwaAkonedo reports that many governments in the world considered it very important to allow Journalists access to primary data or event to avoid possible anarchy resulting from poor management of information and Afghanistan journalism practice.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »