Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has arrested over 31 persons on Sunday; some of whom were caught throwing bundles of naira cash at an undisclosed plaza in Benin City.
According to EFCC, the arrested persons have made useful statements, adding, some of the persons were arrested by operatives of its Benin Zonal Command after throwing bundles of cash at a plaza.
EFCC said the persons at the plaza were arrested while trying to leave the environment through the exist gate and 13 exotic cars at the plaza were documented as recovered items from the arrested persons.
EFCC added that other persons were arrested in their hideout in Benin City.
EFCC in its statement affirmed that the arrested persons few weeks ago were seen in a viral video standing on vehicles’ roof top; throwing bundles of cash at thesame plaza.
EFCC accused the arrested persons of being internet fraudsters but EFCC did not give account of the offence they committed that warrant the arrest.
EFCC do often specifically and clearly state the crime and how the crime was committed, whenever the commission parade suspects.
But in this case, EFCC only accused the arrested persons of being internet fraudsters.
Operatives of the Benin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Sunday, September 12, 2021 arrested 31 suspected internet fraudsters. The suspects were arrested in two separate locations in Benin City sequel to actionable intelligence.EFCC in its report said.
Among those arrested are suspected fraudsters who, a few weeks ago, were seen in a viral video standing on top of their cars and throwing bundles of Naira notes into the air at a popular Plaza in Benin City. They had embarked on a similar mission at the same venue on Sunday before they were intercepted by operatives of the Commission at the exit gate.
The other suspects were arrested at their hideout in Benin City.
Those arrested are Essien Sunday, Joseph Nwosu, Samuel Victor, Abdurahman Abudulahi, Uwaifo Destiny, Osaro Osarere, Favour Oleye, Smart Okunvobo, Oduwa Osahon, Osaretin Blessed, Frank Osas, Aisosa Kelly, Richard Ehigie, Destiny Omoru, Jacob Kelvin, Aker Kelly, Promise Godspower, Lucky Dickson and Osamode Efosa.
Others are Osamuyi Aigbe-Egharevba, Ohumumwen Osaremen, Christopher Momodu, Aigbe Destiny, Eti-osa Osamwonyi, Patrick Benson Osaguna, Victor Kenyei, Marvellous Atiti, Gift Ebuehi, Osayi Casmir, Osahenkhoe Godstime and Paul Okoh.
Items recovered from the suspects at the point of arrest include 13 exotic cars, including: Lexus ES 350, Lexus 350, Lexus RX 350, Lexus ES 350, Lexus RX 350, Lexus RX 350, Lexus IS 350, Toyota Venza, Mercedes C300, Mercedes ML350, Range Rover Evoque, GLK 350 4Matic and Toyota Camry.
Other items are laptop computers, phones, documents and identity cards.
The suspects have made useful statement and will be arraigned in court as soon as investigations are completed
We hereby called on the authority of EFCC to be accountable to the public and more professional in carrying out their duties.
For the avoidance of doubt, non of the items recovered; the cars, phones, laptops, identity cards or documents can be said to be criminal items inline with the law of Nigeria except those items have been proven to belong to the arrested persons and as such; they were purchased with proceeds from criminal activity or activities or the item or items were used to commit criminal act.
We are concerned if the operatives of EFCC have done proper investigation, the commission would have been able to give useful information, the arrested persons committed and not mere accusation of calling them internet fraudsters without stating how or the internet fraud they committed.
- Unacceptable To ‘Insult’ Oba Of Benin – Nigerians Warns Charly Boy, OthersNigerians have called on Charles Oputa well known as Charly Boy and other social media users that it is an … Read More “Unacceptable To ‘Insult’ Oba Of Benin – Nigerians Warns Charly Boy, Others” »
- EFCC Alerts Public On ATM Card Swapping FraudBy Dele Oyewale The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been inundated with barrage of complaints from well-meaning Nigerians … Read More “EFCC Alerts Public On ATM Card Swapping Fraud” »
- Cousin Seeks Help For Nollywood Actor Amaechi MuonagorA cousin of Nollywood actor, Amaechi Muonagor has appealed to the general public to help the artiste as the comic … Read More “Cousin Seeks Help For Nollywood Actor Amaechi Muonagor” »
- NDLEA Arrests Illicit Drugs Party Organisers In OsunBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA on Saturday 25th November raided a lounge in … Read More “NDLEA Arrests Illicit Drugs Party Organisers In Osun” »
- Sheila Denies Calling Israel DMW 2 Minutes ManSheila Courage David, the ex wife of Israel Afeare known as Israel DMW, Davido logistics manager, has denied a social … Read More “Sheila Denies Calling Israel DMW 2 Minutes Man” »