Former Presidential spokesperson to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New media, Reno Omokri has accused the government led by President Muhammadu Buhari of indiscriminately using the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC to harass people from the southern part of Nigeria including people with legitimate businesses.
Reno Omokri in a statement yesterday said most of the officials of EFCC are Northerners hence mass arrests are carried out only in the Southern Nigeria.
“How many times have you read of mass EFCC arrest in Northern Nigeria? Such mass arrests only occur down South.
“Under Buhari, EFCC is reduced to a body for indiscriminately harassing Southerners, including legitimate businessmen.
“You go to EFCC offices and you overwhelmingly encounter mostly Northerners.
“All EFCC Chairmen have come from the North. Which is understandable under a Southern President, for balance, but not under a Northern President”, Reno Omokri said.
Reno Omokri added that the Northerners and people from Niger Republic are the ones mostly running the business of black market exchange of foreign currencies which is the worst form of fraud currently destroying Nigeria economy like never before but EFCC turns a blind eye on them and stereotypes every successful young Southerner as a fraudster.
“The currency Black market in almost every Nigerian town is run by Northerners or citizens of Niger Republic. But EFCC turns a blind eye.
“But they stereotype every successful, young Southerner as a fraudster. The North will not take this from a Southerner. For example, see how Buhari is protecting DCP Abba Kyari from the FBI. Would that be the case if it was DCP Okonkwo or DCP Balogun?”, said Reno Omokri.
It would be recalled Operatives of the Port Harcourt Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday arrested twenty- two suspected internet fraudsters in an early morning operation in Asaba, Delta State.
The suspects include: Saviour Francis; Samuel Okonkwo; Justice Onokeya; Christian Addeh; Collins Addeh; Ifeanyichukwu Ramsey; Kingsley Ikechukwu Nnubia; Great Unuafe Ogaga; Chibuike Chukwuka, Dominic Chukwuka and Precious Omvnogor.
Othere are: Oreva Ferife; Stephen Kwushue; Emmanuel Daniel; Paul Ugwu; Ochuko Zion; Shedrack Godshelp; Barnabas Ossai; Ekwere Joseph Onyeka; Andrew Ochei, Kelechi Uwaegbu and Ifeanyi Afoma.
- House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, DaughterLagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja Area has sentenced to death by hanging, a domestic staff, Joseph Ogbu, for … Read More “House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, Daughter” »
- Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno OmokriBy Reno Omokri People died from a mass shooting in America 2 days ago. You don’t see Americans saying ‘America … Read More “Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno Omokri” »
- Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – BuhariBy Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday declared that the discovery and drilling of oil in Nasarawa State will … Read More “Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – Buhari” »
- Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, FireworksBy Abdullahi Kiyawa Kano State Police Command under the leadership of CP Mamman Dauda, congratulates the Muslim Umma for witnessing … Read More “Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, Fireworks” »
- Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – PoliceBy Daniel Ndukwe Police Operatives serving in Nsukka Area Command of Enugu State Police Command, acting on credible information and … Read More “Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – Police” »