Nigerian Army has said its men deployed to Anambra state followed up with unknown gunmen who killed Operatives of the Department of State Services at Ekwulobia on Friday, and successfully engaged the unknown gunmen in a fire fight at Nnobi junction, along the Nnewi-Nnobi road in the Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra state, killed 4 of the Biafra armed group.
Nigerian Army in a press release signed by Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the Director in charge of Army Public Relations and made available few hours ago indicated that the unknown gunmen killed one security operative when the Biafra armed group ambushed convoy of Department of State Services personnel at Ekwulobia.
The Army press release reads thus:
Troops of 82 Division Nigerian Army conducting Exercise GOLDEN DAWN have neutralised four gunmen of the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra/ Eastern Security Network (IPOB/ESN) in a fierce encounter at Nnobi Junction, Idemili South Local Government Area on Friday 29 October 2021.
This followed the assailants’ armed attack on personnel of security agencies deployed at Ekwulobia Round About in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, during which troops swiftly mobilised to the scene and subsequently embarked on pursuit of the criminals along Nnewi – Nnobi road.
Troops made contact with the fleeing gunmen and engaged them in a fire fight, neutralizing four of the criminals.
The gallant troops also recovered two AK-47 Rifles, one GALIL Ace 5.56 x 45 Iwi Gun, one Avofeng Hand held radio and one Black Highlander jeep.
Sadly, a personnel of one of the security agencies paid the supreme price.
In a separate operation, troops have foiled another attack by IPOB/ESN gunmen at Umunze Checkpoint, in Orumba South Local Government Area.
The vigilant troops overwhelmed the attackers in the shootout that ensued, forcing them to take to their heels, abandoning, one Pump Action gun with nine cartridges, one dark blue Ford and four motorcycles, which the troops have recovered.
The Nigerian Army notes that the recent attacks are part of proscribed IPOB/ESN plan to instil fear into the public and sabotage forthcoming Anambra State Governorship Election.
Members of the public are reassured that the Nigerian Army, sister services and other security agencies will not relent in resolutely confronting all criminals intents against the citizenry and national interest.
Law abiding citizens are enjoined to continue to go about their daily activities without any fear.
They are also encouraged to report any unusual activity observed across Anambra State to the nearest security post.
- Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake StrikeAdvertisements Death toll from Monday devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria has risen to eleven thousand. President and Chief Executive … Read More “Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake Strike” »
- Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court RulesAdvertisements Nigeria apex Court, Supreme Court of Justice has ruled that the February 10 deadline for the usage of the … Read More “Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court Rules” »
- ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira NotesAdvertisements By Press Unit As part of ongoing efforts at ensuring that commercial banks comply with the Central Bank of … Read More “ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira Notes” »
- New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian TownAdvertisements By News Agency Residents digging through a collapsed building in a northwest Syrian town discovered a crying infant whose … Read More “New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian Town” »
- Ifeanyi Uba Donates Security Gadgets, Personnel To Anambra GovtAdvertisements By Press Unit Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR, the Executive Governor of Anambra, was in Nnewi North Local Government Area … Read More “Ifeanyi Uba Donates Security Gadgets, Personnel To Anambra Govt” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]