President Vladimir Putin of Russia in a first nationwide broadcast, after the failed mutiny led by Wagener on Friday-Saturday, has described the Wagner Soldiers and commanders as patriots.
President Vladimir Putin nationwide broadcast was made few minutes. The President statement as transcribed and translated by Dmitri, said, enemies of the country abroad and national traitors wanted them to fight each other but they failed, following steps he made to avoid large bloodshed.
President Vladimir Putin said he would keep his promise, and assured Wagner soldiers who wished to go to Belarus for exile to do so. Adding, the Wagner fighters who also wished to sign contracts with the Russia Ministry of Defence, MoD, will be allowed.
The nationwide address reads in quote below:
– Any attempts to start a mutiny will fail.
– An armed mutiny would have been suppressed anyway. Perpetrators must’ve known about this.
– By betraying their country, they also lied and forced others to kill their own soldiers.
– All the enemies abroad and national traitors wanted us to fight each other. They failed.
– The majority of Wagner commanders and fighters are patriots. They were used covertly against their brothers-in-arms.
– I made steps to avoid large bloodshed. This needed time including letting those who made a mistake change their mind and see the consequences this will lead to.
– Stability was possible thanks to the enormous support of civil society who united during the difficult time.
– Putin will keep his word regarding PMC employees (possibly regarding no prosecution. Some can go to Belarus, rest can sign contracts with MoD. The choice is theirs.