Enugu State Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Offers Automatic Employment, Optional Scholarship To Wives, Children Of Police Officers Killed By Unknown Gunmen
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, on Thursday, paid condolence visits to families of some of the police officers who were attacked by yet-to-be-identified gunmen, at checkpoints in Obeagu-Amechi, Enugu South Local Government Area and Amagunze, Nkanu East LGA, residing at the suburb of Ugbo-Odogwu, Trans Ekulu and Edward Nnaji Street, Abakpa Nike, in Enugu East LGA.
The grief-stricken governor, who condoled with the families, offered automatic employment to the wives of the deceased and paid three months salaries of their late husbands including other cash donations.
Governor Ugwuanyi announced that the condolence package is applicable to wives of other affected officers, adding that the spouses also have the option of scholarship of their children to secondary school level in place of automatic employment.
At the Ugbo-Odogwu residence of late Inspector Timothy Tion, an indigene of Benue State, Governor Ugwuanyi consoled the wife, Janet Okuma, offered her automatic employment and gave her three-month salaries of her husband with other cash donations.
The governor, who was accompanied by a team of senior police officers led by the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (S.C.I.I.D), A.C.P Fidelis Ogarabe, prayed for the repose of the souls of Inspector Tion and other victims, assuring that their death will not be in vain.
At Edward Nnaji Street, Abakpa, Governor Ugwuanyi met with the father and siblings of one of the slain police officers, Inspector Emeka Nnaji, from Owo in Nkanu East Local government area, and consoled them.
He equally offered automatic employment to the wife of the deceased, Mrs. Nwadi Nnaji, who was at his husband’s residence at Agbani, and announced the same amount of money with other packages for her.
Responding, the wife of late Inspector Tion, Janet, thanked Governor Ugwuanyi for his kindness in coming to console them, and for offering her automatic employment.
The aged father of late Inspector Nnaji, Mr. Christian Nnaji, also thanked the governor for the rare gesture and asked God to continue to bless him.
The Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force, in a statement by its Public Relations Officer, A.S.P Daniel Ndukwe, had disclosed that “preliminary investigations have commenced”.
@views exclusive rights: Enugu State Government News Release made available by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, July 22, 2021.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »