By IKHILI EBALU, BENIN CITY
President of Our Lady of Fatima College, Auchi, Old Boys Association, Honourable Paschal Ugbome, said that alumni associations in the country have a critical role to play in the overall growth and development of the education sector.
According to Ugbome, alumni associations all over the world do assist various levels of governments by playing complementary roles to meet the ever increasing demands of educational institution and the citizenry.
Honourable Ugbome, a former lawmaker and Etsako Central Council Chairman, made the declaration in Benin, Edo State capital, at the annual dinner cum award night organised by the Benin chapter of Our Lady of Fatima College Auchi.
The dinner cum awards night, tagged “celebration of life”, was an opportunity to appreciate God for his grace upon the lives of members of the Association considering the great havoc wrecked on the human race by the Covid- 19 pandemic.
A minute silence in honour of the victims of the Covid-19 pandemic was later observed.
Honourable Ugbome equally appealed to every old boy of the school on the need to redouble efforts in rendering financial and moral support to both the school and other members, adding humanity acquires a better recognition and value when people pull together as one.
Chief Tom Uloko, who is the chairman of Edo State Local Government Service Commission, chaired the dinner/award ceremony.
A total of eight awards were conferred on distinguished old boys, two of which were posthumous.
The highlights of the ceremony was the conferment of awards on the world wide President, Honourable Pascal Ugbome in recognition of his contribution to the alma mata and the Association.
Former Edo State House of Assembly Speaker, late Honourable Zakawawu Garuba, bagged a posthumous award for excellence in leadership as well as Late Doctor Simon Imuekemhe, Edo state former Head of Service and Secretary to State Government.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »