FG Extends Mobile Number-NIN Linkage To March 2022
Federal Government has extended the deadline for the verification of Subscriber Identity Module, SIM with individual National Identification Number, NIN to March 31st, 2022.
Nigerian Communications Commission in a press release issued few minutes ago and jointly signed by Ike Adinde, Director, Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission and Kayode Adegoke, the Head of Corporate Communications, National Identity Management Commission said the NIN enrolments in the country have exceeded 71 million.
The statement reads thus:
The Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Professor Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) FBCS, FNCS, FIIM, wishes to convey the approval of the Federal Government to further extend the deadline for the National Identification Number (NIN)-Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) data verification to the 31st of March, 2022.
The stakeholders have applauded the Federal Government on the significant growth in the number of NIN enrolments and the increased drive to enlighten Nigerians and legal residents across the country.
As of 30th December 2021, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has issued over seventy-one million (71m) NINs with over fourteen thousand (14,000) enrolment centres set up across the country.
Furthermore, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has also set up enrolment centres in over thirty-one (31) countries to cater for Nigerians in the Diaspora.
The unprecedented growth in the National Identity Database to over 71 million unique NINs in such a short period, with about 3 to 4 SIMs linked to a NIN, reflects the concerted effort of the Federal Government, the Nigerian populace and legal residents and this is truly commendable.
Following the request by stakeholders, including citizens, legal residents and Nigerians in the diaspora, the Federal Government has extended the deadline of the exercise to the 31st of March, 2022.
This extension would enable the Federal Government to consolidate the gains of the process and accelerate the enrolment of Nigerians in key areas like the remote areas, diaspora, schools, hospitals, worship centres, and the registration of legal residents.
The Honourable Minister has however implored Nigerians and legal residents to enrol for their NINs and link with their SIMs during this period of extension as more services will be requiring the NIN for identification.
He also reiterated the commitment of the Federal Government to support the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in ensuring that the objectives of the exercise are achieved.
The Honourable Minister, the Executive Vice Chairman/CEO of NCC, Professor Umar Garba Danbatta, and the Director-General/CEO of NIMC, Aliyu A. Aziz, on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria, wish to thank all Nigerians and stakeholders for their commitment and support towards the success of the project.
They also applaud the efforts of the respective staff in ensuring a seamless NIN-SIM linkage and urge citizens and legal residents to complete the process of enrolment, verification, and SIM linkage on or before 31st March 2022.
- 7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba NationHeavily armed group who identified themselves as Yoruba Nation Army on Sunday early morning simultaneously attacked a police station in … Read More “7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba Nation” »
- Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu SaniLess than few hours to the end of President Muhammadu Buhari led government, Senator Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central senatorial … Read More “Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu Sani” »
- Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno OmokriReno Omokri, former presidential spokesperson to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New Media, has described President Muhammadu Buhari valedictory nationwide broadcast … Read More “Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno Omokri” »
- Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – AtikuPresidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and former Nigeria Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has described the Supreme Court ruling … Read More “Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – Atiku” »
- Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian AirlinesNigeria government under the leadership of the outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to deny the allegations that the planes … Read More “Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian Airlines” »