Over 41 persons have been confirmed dead in early Sunday morning fire that broke out during mass at Martyr Abu Sefein Church in Giza city of Egypt.
It was gathered that the cause of the fire was as a result of electrical fault.
Father Farid Fahmy, from another nearby church in the Imbaba neighbourhood said that the fire was caused by a short circuit, according to AFP.
“The power was out and they were using a generator,” he said. “When the power came back, it caused an overload”, Father Farid Fahmy said.
An estimated 5000 persons including children were holding mass when the fire broke out and thus, caused a heavy stampede.
Official said 41 persons, including 15 children were killed by the fire outbreak while 14 others were injured.