Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State has said the deadly attack carried out by bandits on Sunday at Goronyo Market in the Goronyo local government area of the state caused the death of 43 persons and not 30.
Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Governor, Muhammad Bello in a press release made available yesterday said the governor clarify the exact numbers of people that were killed in the attack after he had a meeting with the affected stakeholders in the community.
Fourty three people have been confirmed dead in the wake of the attack by bandits on Goronyo township in Goronyo local government area of Sokoto state.
Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto state gave this clarification after due diligence on figures of those that died in the Goronyo market Sunday attack.
Earlier in the day Gov. Tambuwal had put the figure at about 30 when the Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Farouk Yahaya paid him a courtesy visit.
“The number of people that died in Goronyo. I did say it was above 30. I wasn’t categorical about the figure.
“We just finished a meeting with some stakeholders and I have confirmed that we lost 43 people unfortunately to that incident.
“May God Almighty have mercy on their souls,” Tambuwal said.
- House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, DaughterLagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja Area has sentenced to death by hanging, a domestic staff, Joseph Ogbu, for … Read More “House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, Daughter” »
- Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno OmokriBy Reno Omokri People died from a mass shooting in America 2 days ago. You don’t see Americans saying ‘America … Read More “Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno Omokri” »
- Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – BuhariBy Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday declared that the discovery and drilling of oil in Nasarawa State will … Read More “Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – Buhari” »
- Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, FireworksBy Abdullahi Kiyawa Kano State Police Command under the leadership of CP Mamman Dauda, congratulates the Muslim Umma for witnessing … Read More “Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, Fireworks” »
- Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – PoliceBy Daniel Ndukwe Police Operatives serving in Nsukka Area Command of Enugu State Police Command, acting on credible information and … Read More “Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – Police” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]