Governor Obaseki Vows To Arrest All Actors Behind Planned Coronation Of Sultan In Edo State
Edo State Government has vowed to make all persons involved in the conception and execution of the planned coronation of one Idriss Addano as the Sultan Shuwa Arab of Edo State to face the full wrath of the law.
Governor Godwin Obaseki in a statement issued earlier today and signed by the Secretary to the Edo State Government, Osarodion Ogie said the government will take action to prevent the actualization of the planned coronation.
The government decribed the coronation of a Sultan in Edo State as ilegal and sacrilegious act violating the Traditional rulers and Chiefs law of the state.
The Edo State Government has been inundated with complaints from indigenes and
residents of the State over the purported move to embark on the coronation of one
ldriss Addano as ‘Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State’.
The Edo State Government wishes to state as follows:
1. That whether or not this event is held at the proposed, or any other location within the state, it would constitute a direct assaut on the traditions, custom and culture of the people of Edo State, by individuals who clearly have
sinister motives and are trying to abuse the well-known Edo hospitality by their act of sacrilege.
2. That it is a potential threat to the peace and security of Edo State, with the capacity to cause a breakdown of law and order as citizens of the state are
likely to be provoked by the obnoxious ceremony.
3. Under the Edo State Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law, it is an offence for
anyone to proclaim himself, or allow himself to be proclaimed as the holder of any traditional title not recognized under the said law and/or without the
approval of the appropriate authorities.
The state government hereby wishes to assure all concerned that firm and decisiveEdo state government in a statement signed by the Secretary to the Government, Osarodion Ogie reads.
action will be taken to prevent the actualization of this llegal and sacrilegious act
and that all persons found to have been involved in the conception and/or
execution of same would face the full wrath of the law.
The Edo State Government therefore calls on all citizens to be calm, law abiding and rest assured that government is firmly on top of the situation.
It would be recalled the coronation of Sultan Shuwa Arab of Edo State has drawn more attention and condemnation from Edo people after the invitation card for the event went viral.
Inscription on the invitation card invited guests to the coronation of Idriss Addano as the Sultan Shuwa Arab of Edo state scheduled to hold between 21 to 22 August 2021 at Rialto Hotel along Auchi-Benin express way.
Wikipedia described the word “Sultan” as originally meaning; strength, rulership, authority and the title is now used by many rulers who claimed almost full sovereignty of the land in practical terms with lack of dependence on any higher ruler.
His Royal Highness, Chief Osazuwa Aiwerioghene Iduriase, the Enogie of Eyean community and the Chief Executive Officer of Rialto Hotel has dissociated his self from the planned coronation.
A press release signed by the Enogie of Eyaen, Osazuwa Iduriase and made available by the former Chairman of the Edo State Chapter of Nigeria Union of Journalists, Desmond Agbama, the community chief said the Islamic group have not made payment to the Rialto hotel, adding the publication of the invitation card was done maliciously with bad intent.
The Enogie said the Islamic group approached him to use the hotel for a party but he’s suprised the party turned out to be coronation ceremony.
- Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In EdoEdo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki has reduced till further notice days workers both in the … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Gov Obaseki Reduces Working Days From 5 To 3 In Edo” »
- Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLCNigeria Labour Congress, NLC has said it considered among others the social political mood in Nigeria arising from the last … Read More “Subsidy Removal: Why We Suspend Strike, Mass Protest – NLC” »
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »