The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) demands a forensic investigation into reports that the United States (US) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has linked head of IGP Intelligence Response Team, DCP Abba Kyari, to international fraudster, Abbas Ramon, popularly known as Hushpuppi.
The revelation of the involvement of Kyari, the head of Nigeria’s intelligence response unit, as a receiver of proceeds of international fraud is worrisome, disturbing and a stain on the integrity of our nation.
It is indeed disquieting that the integrity of our nation has fallen so abysmally low under the corrupt and fraud-patronizing President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) administration, to the extent that the head of its police intelligence unit is being charged in connection with international fraud.
Our party demands that the APC administration should not sweep this matter under the carpet given the manifest rapport between Kyari and some top APC leaders.
We urge President Buhari not to “ease out” this case of corruption but should immediately restore the integrity and image of our nation by allowing for a forensic investigation on the suspect.
Moreover, if this Abba Kyari matter is not well handled, it will be a permanent stain on the reputation of our police, security system and our nation at large.
The PDP therefore asks President Buhari to direct the Inspector General of Police to take in Abba Kyari for questioning and if found culpable, he should be handed over to the FBI.
@views exclusive rights: Kola Ologbondiyan, National Publicity Secretary, Peoples Democratic Party, July 29, 2021.
- Tracing Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Obeta Road To PrisonIt is no longer news that a United Kingdom, UK court presided over by Justice Jeremy Johnson has found Nigeria … Read More “Tracing Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Obeta Road To Prison” »
- President Buhari Cautions Traders As Muslims Begin Ramadan FastingBy Garba Shehu President Muhammadu Buhari sends greetings and best wishes to Muslims as they commence 30 days of Ramadan … Read More “President Buhari Cautions Traders As Muslims Begin Ramadan Fasting” »
- LP Supporter Chude Nnamdi Arrested Over Social Media Statement – IGPOffice of the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba has issued a statement to clarify why Labour Party supporter, Chude … Read More “LP Supporter Chude Nnamdi Arrested Over Social Media Statement – IGP” »
- Soludo Asks Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu2023 General Elections in Nigeria have come and gone. Elections in Anambra were generally peaceful, and I commend all the … Read More “Soludo Asks Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu” »
- I Will Die Soon – OdumejeAnambra based Imo State born Prophet, Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere well known as Prophet Odumeje has said he will die soon. The … Read More “I Will Die Soon – Odumeje” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]