Evangelist Silekunola Naomi has said she did not divorce the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogwunwusi because the king was married to another queen.
Evangelist Silekunola Naomi who few hours ago announced an end to her three years old marriage with the Yoruba Monarch via her social media handles, said the person of Oba Adeyeye Ogwunwusi, the Ooni of Ife has a picture of a particular character he presents outside for people to see while his true identity is actually different.
Silekunola Naomi said she tries to make the marriage work by enduring so many times with a smile during the struggle but at a point she realized taking care of her son is the only assignment she has.
“I did my best to endure and make it work; many times, I smiled through the struggle, but I have finally realized I had just one assignment, my son, and when God is done, He is done.
“He chose Saul to be king, and when He was done, He told the prophet Samuel I have moved on. Religion was never an issue between us; please refer to my interview on News Central TV.
“Instead, His Majesty has a picture he would love the world to see and perceive him as and another one which is his true self.
“Few impressions I would love to correct. If anyone knows otherwise, they are free to come up with facts.
“Let it be known that this decision to move on did not come because his majesty is married to another queen. As many would love to assume, throughout our life as a couple, I was the only married wife to him.
“There were side attractions, but it was never an issue.
“I never approached him with any revelation of any sort, as many believed he contacted me first and made his proposal known several months later.
“The marriage was not an arranged one, as many have misconstrued. I never knew the prophetess said to have introduced me to him.
“Instead, he introduced her to me after I agreed to marry him. I was only being polite out of respect for him.
“I have never been pregnant all my life before Tadenikawo; my son is my first ever pregnancy with medical reports to back it up.
“The girl who is said to be my daughter is my niece”, Silekunola Naomi said.
She added that with decision to quit the marriage, she is no longer a slave to her thought.
“I bless the Lord almighty for His faithfulness in the last 3years of my marriage.
“In life’s journey, it isn’t how far. Still, how well, indeed though satan should buffet if trials should come, I have this blessed assurance controlling all situations and saying to me it is well with my soul.
“Certainly, it is well. I made my journey into the ancient throne of Ife with faith in my heart and love for the keeper of it.
“Today, I announce the beginning of a new dawn and the close of a chapter.
“Today, I am a mother to God’s unique gift.
“I am no longer a slave to my thoughts of perfection.
“I, at this moment, announce that I shall no longer be referred to as wife to the Ooni of Ife or as Queen of Ile-Ife but as the Queen of the people and mother of my adorable Prince.
“He is God’s way of saying I know about it all.
“In situations like this, there will be aggrieved persons.
“I, at this moment, appeal to all parties involved to allow the peace of God with the consciousness that there is a lovely little boy between us.
“I thank all of my prayer partners and loved ones.
“I remain committed to all of my projects,charity work and ministry.
In this new season, I shall be focusing on God only”.
This is the second time the Yoruba Monarch, Oba Adeyeye Ogwunwusi, the Ooni of Ife is experiencing divorce from two women he married since he took over the throne.
The real cause of failed marriages from one of the first class Monarchs in Nigeria, Oba Adeyeye Ogwunwusi, the Ooni of Ife is still yet unknown.
- House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, DaughterLagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja Area has sentenced to death by hanging, a domestic staff, Joseph Ogbu, for … Read More “House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, Daughter” »
- Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno OmokriBy Reno Omokri People died from a mass shooting in America 2 days ago. You don’t see Americans saying ‘America … Read More “Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno Omokri” »
- Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – BuhariBy Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday declared that the discovery and drilling of oil in Nasarawa State will … Read More “Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – Buhari” »
- Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, FireworksBy Abdullahi Kiyawa Kano State Police Command under the leadership of CP Mamman Dauda, congratulates the Muslim Umma for witnessing … Read More “Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, Fireworks” »
- Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – PoliceBy Daniel Ndukwe Police Operatives serving in Nsukka Area Command of Enugu State Police Command, acting on credible information and … Read More “Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – Police” »