Human rights group, Benin Solidarity Movement, BSM has called on the Benin Monarch, Omo N’oba N’edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II to suspend the Chief Priest, Ovbokhan Igbinovia, the Ohen of Okhuoromi community over oppressed school teacher who cried out recently that the said chief priest has allegedly stolen her land and the house she built on it.
The Chief Priest, Ovbokhan Igbinovia is yet to respond to the allegation since the video of the woman went viral.
The Benin Solidarity Movement in a statement by its President, Curtis Eghosa Ugbo said the chief priest has brought disrespect to Benin Kingdom.
Adding, the Chief Priest should be suspended and the State Governor, Godwin Obaseki should immediately prosecute the chief priest in line with the new land law in Edo state.
The attention of the Benin Solidarity Movement BSM Worldwide has been drawn to a trending video of a Benin woman (a school teacher) on social media, that the chief priest (Ohen of Okhuoromi) wants to take her land and the building inside after selling to her as stipulated in an attached document carrying the thumbprint signature of the so called Ohen of Okhuoromi.
It is obvious that the said Ohen of Okhuoromi is stepping out of the line, and we members of the Benin Solidarity Movement BSM Worldwide, states as follows:
- We can not continue to allow you bring disrespect to our Great Benin Kingdom.
- We use this medium to call on our Royal Father-Oba of Benin KINGDOM to immediately suspend you as a chief priest (Ohen of Okhuoromi) in Benin KINGDOM for bringing disrepute to the Kingdom.
- We also call on the Edo State Government led by Governor Godwin Obaseki to as a matter of urgency activate the new land grabbing Law against the so called chief priest (Ohen of Okhuoromi) as failure to so do will show that the Edo State Government should not be taken seriously.
- We as a Benin group, will never support any form of injustice on any Benin man or woman by whosoever that is involved.
- We are going to support this woman fully to RESIST you from taking the said landed property she suffered to build over the years, since you no longer have conscience in your demonic heart.
It would be recalled that a woman who identified herself as a school teacher, teaching for the past 26 years narrated she bought and re-buy same land from one group of land grabbers to another in Edo State.
The woman in the video cried and said after buying the land, she was made to buy the same land again from different set of people.
Adding, after settling the alleged land grabbers, she raised the building, only to her surprise, another person fenced the whole area including her house.
She said the alleged new land grabber insisted that both her house and the entire area fenced belongs to him.
The woman spoke in bini language.
She said she has built the house to roofing stage before the new alleged land grabber stopped her from roofing the house.
- Video Showing David Umahi Ordered Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Doctored – APC
- Video Suggests David Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Over Lateness To Work In Ebonyi
- Lagos Increases All Workers Salaries To Fight Nigeria Inflation, Rising Cost Of Living
- IGP Builds Police Stations With Air Conditioners
- IPOB Warns Atiku
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]