The Nigerian Army today 30 June 2021, observed the 40th day prayers for the repose of the souls of the former Chief of Army Staff (COAS), late Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru and 10 other personnel, who died in the unfortunate air mishap of 21 May 2021 at the Kaduna International Airport.
The COAS, Major General Faruk Yahaya expressed his condolence to the widows, children and relations of the deceased.
He urged them not to despair and assured them of the continuous support of the Nigerian Army.
Conducting the prayers at Niger Barracks, Abuja, the Director Islamic Affairs, Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Shehu Mustapha prayed to Almighty Allah to grant the deceased eternal rest in Al-Janah Fir-daus.
He prayed to God to grant the families and relations of the departed souls, the Nigerian Armed Forces and friends, the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.
He further stated that the demise of Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru and 10 others is a great loss to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and the nation at large.
He reminded all of the need to be mindful of their deeds here on earth in preparation for live’s final journey.
Dignitaries that graced the occasion include the Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, Chief of Army Staff, Major General Faruk Yahaya, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Auwal Gambo, Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, Principal Staff Officers from Defence and the Services Headquarters, members of Defence and Police Officers’ Wives Association (DEPOWA), Nigerian Army Officers’ Wives Association (NAOWA), Naval Officers’ Wives Association (NOWA), Nigerian Air Force Officers’ Wives Association (NAFOWA) and Nigerian Army Soldiers’ Wives Association (NASWA). Also present was the wife of the late COAS, Mrs Fati Attahiru, families and friends of the deceased amongst several other dignitaries.
Highlights of the event were the recitation of the Holy Quran, prayers for the nation, as well as condolence messages to the families of the deceased.
@views exclusive rights: Onyema Nwachukwu, Brigadier General,
Director, Army Public Relations, 30 June 2021.
- NAF Claims It Airstrikes Unknown Gunmen Hideouts In Nnewi, OkigweNigerian Air Force has claimed it airstrikes unknown gunmen it described as members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB … Read more
- Mohbad Brought In Dead After Nurse Gave Him Injections At Home – Perez HospitalAuthority of Perez Medcare Hospital in Lagos State has issued a press statement stating that the Nigerian upcoming artiste, Ilerioluwa … Read more
- Troops Discover Gun Manufacturing Factory In KadunaMen of the Nigerian Army has discovered a factory where guns are being manufactured in Kaduna State. The Nigerian Army … Read more
- BRA Claims Responsibility For 8 Soldiers, Other Operatives Killed In ImoFirst time since secessionist gun battle began in the southeastern states of Nigeria in 2021, a group who identified themselves … Read more
- Mohbad’s Spirit Is Strong, I Find It Hard To Sleep – DavidoNigeria born international music star, David Adeleke well known as Davido has said he can’t sleep easily since the death … Read more