Nigerian Army Agrees It Freed 1009 Boko Haram Terrorist Suspects To Borno State Government
The Nigerian Army (NA) has been notified of a media publication alleging that the NA has handed over 1009 Ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno State government.
The report also alleged that the event was shrouded in secrecy.
This report, is obviously one of those attempts to dampen troops’ morale and denegrate the NA, riding on the back of unsubstantiated report and misinformation.
While the NA would not want to join issues with the masterminds of this false narrative, it is important to set the records straight.
It is an indisputable fact that the ongoing Counter Terrorism Counter Insurgency Operations (C.T.COIN) in the North East has led to the arrest of several terrorism/insurgency suspects.
These suspects have been held in custody, while undergoing profiling and further investigations by experts from the Joint Investigation Centre (J.I.C) and those who are found culpable are usually handed over to prosecuting agencies accordingly, while those who are not implicated in terrorism and insurgency are cleared and released to the state government for rehabilitation before they are reintegrated into the society.
These cleared suspects are therefore not ex Boko Haram fighters, as peddled in the said online report and as the masterminds would want to impress on the public.
A total of 1009 cleared suspects, not ex fighters, were therefore released after this rigorous process on Wednesday 14 July 2021.
It is also necessary to categorically state that the handing over of the cleared suspects was not shrouded in secrecy as it was witnessed by United Nations Humanitarian and government agencies, in tandem with global best practice.
The NA therefore urges the general public to discountenance this misinformation, as it is evidently a manipulation and distortion of the truth and reality of the event.
@views exclusive rights: Onyema Nwachukwu, Brigadier General, Director, Army Public Relations,
15 July 2021.
- Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In BelgorodSympathizers who identified themselves as Russia citizens against President Vladimir Putin war in Ukraine have released videos showing captured Russia … Read More “Sympathizers Capture Russia Soldiers In Belgorod” »
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »
- Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In BelgorodOne of the Sympathizer groups, Liberty of Russia Legion fighting Russia military in favour of Ukraine has accused President Vladimir … Read More “Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In Belgorod” »
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »