There are strong indications that traders of Igbo origin may shut down Nigeria economy tomorrow following the second appearance of the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu in Federal High Court, Abuja after being caught and brought to Nigeria on June 27, 2021.
Information from Onitsha markets in Anambra state, Ogbete main market in Enugu state amongst others in the Southeastern states indicated that traders were seriously warned on Friday not to open shops on Monday 26, July , 2021.
The information indicated that traders in the markets were also urged to travel to Abuja in solidarity with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu as he appears in court tomorrow.
OsazuwaAkonedo reports that traders in the southeastern states for years have a tradition of observing every Monday as prayer day which usually last up to 10 to 11 a.m before opening for business.
It is yet to ascertain if commercial drivers will join in the seat at home or go to Abuja order.
There are concerns that if commercial drivers join the move, such action may force corporate organizations not to open for business in the southeastern states.
Opinion on security concern indicated that commercial banks may not open for business tomorrow as some staff of banks spoken with, are currently waiting for further directive from their headquarters.
The seat at home order could not be verified if all traders of Igbo origin resident in every part of Nigeria are to join the move.
OsazuwaAkonedo reports that traders of Igbo origin are very large in number that control wholesale, retail and petty businesses in Nigeria.
It would be recalled Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was arrested in Kenya and brought to Nigeria to continue the treasonable case the Nigeria government levelled against him at the Federal High Court, Abuja
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »