Residents in Anambra as early as 4 O’oclock this morning blocked the only major road leading from Onitsha to Owerri, Imo state at Oba area of the state.
Immediately after Oba old road junction, the residents blocked the federal road with condemned tires. The Residents also used trucks load of goods to block same road at the new road junction, forcing all the commercial truck drivers who plied the road at night to be stranded.
At City Biscuit area of Obosi, Onitsha main town, the ever busy area was devoid of vehicular and human movement.
All shops including the ones in private residents were seen under lock and key.
City Biscuit area of Obosi was on Friday evenning attacked by group suspected to be armed robbers.
It was also gathered that the group suspected to be armed robbers had earlier attacked Access Bank branch at Obosi area of Onitsha on Thursday, destroying the building housing the ATM machines outside the bank but no report if the group was able to open the ATM vault or steal money.
On Friday, residents and traders at the Onitsha-Owerri road by City Biscuit area of Onitsha ran for thier lives as the group suspected to be armed robbers shoot sporadically.
Residents said the group inside tricycles mainly called Keke, filled with up to 7 tricycles moved freely, scared residents in the area, shooting and moved towards Navy security check point around First Bank along the road.
It could not be ascertained if there was any casualty on the side of the armed robbers or men of the Nigerian Navy.
At Enugu, reports indicated that there was no commercial activities, vehicular movement or human traffic along the ever busy Agbani-Holy Ghost most commercialized areas of the city.
At Abakpa area which is closer to the Nigeria Military 82 division, residents report that the area was like a desert this morning as shops were under lock and key, no vehicle especially for workers to access their office.
Reports from residents in Ebonyi state indicated that commercial activities in the area was paralzed as no vehicular movement, and shops under lock and key right from Enugu-Abakaliki road, Ezzamgbo to the main city area.
Concerned Nigerians mainly from Igbo origin declared every Monday in the Southeastern areas as Sit-At-home in protest for the release of the Leader of the Indiginous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »