Nnamdi Kanu: Residents Block Onitsha-Owerri Road, Enforce 100 Percent Sit-At-Home In Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu
Residents in Anambra as early as 4 O’oclock this morning blocked the only major road leading from Onitsha to Owerri, Imo state at Oba area of the state.
Immediately after Oba old road junction, the residents blocked the federal road with condemned tires. The Residents also used trucks load of goods to block same road at the new road junction, forcing all the commercial truck drivers who plied the road at night to be stranded.
At City Biscuit area of Obosi, Onitsha main town, the ever busy area was devoid of vehicular and human movement.
All shops including the ones in private residents were seen under lock and key.
City Biscuit area of Obosi was on Friday evenning attacked by group suspected to be armed robbers.
It was also gathered that the group suspected to be armed robbers had earlier attacked Access Bank branch at Obosi area of Onitsha on Thursday, destroying the building housing the ATM machines outside the bank but no report if the group was able to open the ATM vault or steal money.
On Friday, residents and traders at the Onitsha-Owerri road by City Biscuit area of Onitsha ran for thier lives as the group suspected to be armed robbers shoot sporadically.
Residents said the group inside tricycles mainly called Keke, filled with up to 7 tricycles moved freely, scared residents in the area, shooting and moved towards Navy security check point around First Bank along the road.
It could not be ascertained if there was any casualty on the side of the armed robbers or men of the Nigerian Navy.
At Enugu, reports indicated that there was no commercial activities, vehicular movement or human traffic along the ever busy Agbani-Holy Ghost most commercialized areas of the city.
At Abakpa area which is closer to the Nigeria Military 82 division, residents report that the area was like a desert this morning as shops were under lock and key, no vehicle especially for workers to access their office.
Reports from residents in Ebonyi state indicated that commercial activities in the area was paralzed as no vehicular movement, and shops under lock and key right from Enugu-Abakaliki road, Ezzamgbo to the main city area.
Concerned Nigerians mainly from Igbo origin declared every Monday in the Southeastern areas as Sit-At-home in protest for the release of the Leader of the Indiginous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »