#NorthIsBleeding: Killing 45 Farmers, Injuring Scores In Nasarawa Is Heart Wrenching – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has described as heart wrenching the mass Killing of 45 Farmers and injuring of scores of other persons in Nasarawa state between last Friday and Sunday by suspected bandits.
President Muhammadu Buhari in a statement signed by one of his spokespersons, Garba Shehu yesterday said that the sympathies of the entire nation is with the bereaved families and he will leave no stone unturned to fish out and punish the perpetrators of the renewed hostilities in Lagos, Obi and Awe local government areas of Narasawa state.
“I assure the people with all seriousness and sensitivity that this administration is doing its best to safeguard the security of people and will leave no stone unturned in fishing out the perpetrators of this senseless and barbaric incident, and bring them to justice,” President Muhammadu Buharisaid.
Meanwhile, Nasarawa state Governor Engineer Abdullahi Sule has warned trouble makers to stay clear of the state.
He said he will take prompt and decisive action in apprehending and prosecuting anyone caught breaching peace in the state.
Governor Sule gave the warning during a meeting on Monday with security chiefs, traditional rulers as well as Tiv and Fulani community leaders in Obi Local Government Area.
According to news release by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ibrahim Addra, the meeting was a prompt response and part of sustained efforts to curtail the violence that erupted in parts of Obi and Lafia local Government areas of the state at the weekend.
Governor Sule said “What is more troubling is that in spite of our untiring efforts that has kept us on our toes before and through the weekend; there was needless loss of lives of our citizens.
“Such act of violence is most unfortunate, condemnable, unacceptable and will not be condoned by this administration.
The Governor admonished the people to live in peace with one another and to shun mischief makers looking for opportunities to cause mayhem.
He also charges community leaders to be more circumspect in handling information and to avoid bandying unverified figures and making spurious claims; when there is no truth or fact to support the figures of those purported to have been killed.
Governor Sule said Such unfounded claims only help to stock embers of discord, create a wrong impression and send an equally wrong signal within and outside the state.
As to the accurate figures of those killed or maimed, the Governor said security operatives involved in restoring peace in the affected areas are the most appropriate to ascertain the figures.
He warned that leaders and the people must exercise restraint at all times and not take the laws into their own hands.
“Let me at this point condole with the families who lost their members and properties. As an administration, we will do everything possible to get to the bottom of this and forestall any future security breach”, he said.
He reiterated that Nigerians have a right to live where ever they choose without let or hindrance and that Nasarawa is home to all.
He promised to send relief materials to those persons displaced by the crisis for a short period as government will prefer to work with all stakeholders to ensure people return to their communities and businesses as quickly as possible.
- 7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba NationHeavily armed group who identified themselves as Yoruba Nation Army on Sunday early morning simultaneously attacked a police station in … Read More “7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba Nation” »
- Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu SaniLess than few hours to the end of President Muhammadu Buhari led government, Senator Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central senatorial … Read More “Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu Sani” »
- Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno OmokriReno Omokri, former presidential spokesperson to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New Media, has described President Muhammadu Buhari valedictory nationwide broadcast … Read More “Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno Omokri” »
- Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – AtikuPresidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and former Nigeria Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has described the Supreme Court ruling … Read More “Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – Atiku” »
- Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian AirlinesNigeria government under the leadership of the outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to deny the allegations that the planes … Read More “Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian Airlines” »