President Muhammadu Buhari has described as heart wrenching the mass Killing of 45 Farmers and injuring of scores of other persons in Nasarawa state between last Friday and Sunday by suspected bandits.
President Muhammadu Buhari in a statement signed by one of his spokespersons, Garba Shehu yesterday said that the sympathies of the entire nation is with the bereaved families and he will leave no stone unturned to fish out and punish the perpetrators of the renewed hostilities in Lagos, Obi and Awe local government areas of Narasawa state.
“I assure the people with all seriousness and sensitivity that this administration is doing its best to safeguard the security of people and will leave no stone unturned in fishing out the perpetrators of this senseless and barbaric incident, and bring them to justice,” President Muhammadu Buharisaid.
Meanwhile, Nasarawa state Governor Engineer Abdullahi Sule has warned trouble makers to stay clear of the state.
He said he will take prompt and decisive action in apprehending and prosecuting anyone caught breaching peace in the state.
Governor Sule gave the warning during a meeting on Monday with security chiefs, traditional rulers as well as Tiv and Fulani community leaders in Obi Local Government Area.
According to news release by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ibrahim Addra, the meeting was a prompt response and part of sustained efforts to curtail the violence that erupted in parts of Obi and Lafia local Government areas of the state at the weekend.
Governor Sule said “What is more troubling is that in spite of our untiring efforts that has kept us on our toes before and through the weekend; there was needless loss of lives of our citizens.
“Such act of violence is most unfortunate, condemnable, unacceptable and will not be condoned by this administration.
The Governor admonished the people to live in peace with one another and to shun mischief makers looking for opportunities to cause mayhem.
He also charges community leaders to be more circumspect in handling information and to avoid bandying unverified figures and making spurious claims; when there is no truth or fact to support the figures of those purported to have been killed.
Governor Sule said Such unfounded claims only help to stock embers of discord, create a wrong impression and send an equally wrong signal within and outside the state.
As to the accurate figures of those killed or maimed, the Governor said security operatives involved in restoring peace in the affected areas are the most appropriate to ascertain the figures.
He warned that leaders and the people must exercise restraint at all times and not take the laws into their own hands.
“Let me at this point condole with the families who lost their members and properties. As an administration, we will do everything possible to get to the bottom of this and forestall any future security breach”, he said.
He reiterated that Nigerians have a right to live where ever they choose without let or hindrance and that Nasarawa is home to all.
He promised to send relief materials to those persons displaced by the crisis for a short period as government will prefer to work with all stakeholders to ensure people return to their communities and businesses as quickly as possible.
- Unacceptable To ‘Insult’ Oba Of Benin – Nigerians Warns Charly Boy, OthersNigerians have called on Charles Oputa well known as Charly Boy and other social media users that it is an … Read More “Unacceptable To ‘Insult’ Oba Of Benin – Nigerians Warns Charly Boy, Others” »
- EFCC Alerts Public On ATM Card Swapping FraudBy Dele Oyewale The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been inundated with barrage of complaints from well-meaning Nigerians … Read More “EFCC Alerts Public On ATM Card Swapping Fraud” »
- Cousin Seeks Help For Nollywood Actor Amaechi MuonagorA cousin of Nollywood actor, Amaechi Muonagor has appealed to the general public to help the artiste as the comic … Read More “Cousin Seeks Help For Nollywood Actor Amaechi Muonagor” »
- NDLEA Arrests Illicit Drugs Party Organisers In OsunBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA on Saturday 25th November raided a lounge in … Read More “NDLEA Arrests Illicit Drugs Party Organisers In Osun” »
- Sheila Denies Calling Israel DMW 2 Minutes ManSheila Courage David, the ex wife of Israel Afeare known as Israel DMW, Davido logistics manager, has denied a social … Read More “Sheila Denies Calling Israel DMW 2 Minutes Man” »