President Muhammadu Buhari has blamed the past ruling political party in Nigeria, Peoples Democratic Party for doing nothing to combat the banditry that is currently causing mass destruction of lives and properties in the northern states of the country.
President Muhammadu Buhari in a statement yesterday through one of his spokespersons, Garba Shehu noted that people in the PDP who have nothing positive or new to add to the debate about the future of the nation seek to trivialize the President’s Lagos visit, adding, they choose to ignore the crucial launch of the naval vessels; suggesting, the primary reason the President went to Lagos was to attend a book launch.
“Should he listen to the PDP who feign concern for those affected by banditry when they did nothing to combat it for decades – not on land or at sea? Should our famously austere President not attend a book launch of his friend and fellow democratic opposition veteran when it coincided with a visit to Lagos to tend the affairs of state?
“They try to make further mileage by claiming the President should not have attended given the attack by bandits elsewhere in the country that same day.
“Without visionaries such as Bisi Akande, the corrupt PDP and its acolytes who have done so much to strip our nation of its wealth, stunt its growth, and subject it to derogation abroad would still be in office.
While in Lagos the President also graced the launch of an autobiography by Bisi Akande – a leader who played a crucial role in keeping democratic opposition to military rule alive, and later a critical place in the development and ultimate unity of that opposition to create today’s APC.
“Through their attacks, the PDP reveal their priorities. Of course, for decades, as the PDP enjoyed their decadent parties at others’ expense, the navy and the armed forces rotted through negligence.
“It is noted they have not criticised the President for boosting the country’s seaborne defence capacity.
“Instead, they only manage to make the attack personal. It reveals the chasm of difference between a president who cares for the country while managing to show courtesy to his comrades – and the opposition who corrupted the country through the sharing out of its wealth while celebrating and splashing about stolen public money.
“Sadly, these opportunistic opposition elements, in a desperate search for political points, have dragged respected religious leaders into the discussion, feeding them misleading information who have in turn used this distorted picture to blackpaint the President in the eyes of gullible and innocent members of the public”, the statement reads in part.
- Kogi Gov’s Wife Rashida On The Run Over N3b Fraud, Nephew, Others Sent To PrisonAdvertisements By Press Unit Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, arraigned one Ali Bello, a … Read More “Kogi Gov’s Wife Rashida On The Run Over N3b Fraud, Nephew, Others Sent To Prison” »
- Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake StrikeAdvertisements Death toll from Monday devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria has risen to eleven thousand. President and Chief Executive … Read More “Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake Strike” »
- Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court RulesAdvertisements Nigeria apex Court, Supreme Court of Justice has ruled that the February 10 deadline for the usage of the … Read More “Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court Rules” »
- ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira NotesAdvertisements By Press Unit As part of ongoing efforts at ensuring that commercial banks comply with the Central Bank of … Read More “ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira Notes” »
- New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian TownAdvertisements By News Agency Residents digging through a collapsed building in a northwest Syrian town discovered a crying infant whose … Read More “New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian Town” »