Edo state Governor, Godwin Obaseki has re-appointed the Chief Press Secretary during his first tenure, Crusoe Osagie as Special Adviser on Media Projects, among other appointment and nominations.
The governor decision to set up cabinet is coming one year after the Edo State Governorship election held on September 19, 2020 that ushered him into power for the second tenure.
Loyalists to Crusoe Osagie took to social media earlier in the year to rain abuses on people within the Peoples Democratic Party suspected to be working against his re-appointment by Governor Godwin Obaseki.
Governor Godwin Obaseki in a message few hours ago, said he has appointed Crusoe Osagie as Special Adviser on Media Projects, a job function not specifically mentioning the appointee as the spokesperson of the Governor.
Though, many governors in Nigeria do have different appointees as Special Adviser on Media but Special Adviser on Media and Publicity are often recognized by the press as the authorized chief press secretary or spokesperson journalists easily relate with; to cross check facts.
“I have appointed two Special Advisers and forwarded the names of eleven commissioner-nominees to the Edo State House of Assembly for confirmation.
“The two Special Advisers are Crusoe Osagie, who has been appointed as Special Adviser, Media Projects and Sarah Esangbedo Ajose-Adeogun, who is Special Adviser, Strategy, Policy, Projects and Performance Management.
“The commissioner-nominees, whose names I have forwarded to the Edo State House of Assembly include: Oluwole Osamudiamen Iyamu, SAN; Professor (Mrs.) Obehi Akoria; Doctor Joan Osa Oviawe; Osaze Ethan Uzamere and Monday Osaigbovo.
“Others are: Marie Edeko Esquire; Joseph Eboigbe; Moses Agbukor; Isoken Omo; Andrew Emwanta and Mrs. Otse Momoh-Omorogbe”, Governor Obaseki said.
- We Are Praying For Ekweremadu Family – Peter Obi9 views Labour Party Presidential candidate in the forthcoming 2023 general election, Peter Obi has said his family is praying to God Almighty to see the former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and his family through over their current travail. MO Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu were arrested and arraigned, remanded to Continue
- Unknown Gunmen Stage Another Show Of Force In Ihiala, Kill 2 At Ozobulu6 views Unknown Gunmen suspected to be members of Biafra secessionist armed group on Thursday staged another show of force at Ihiala main town in the Ihiala local government area, after killing two persons at Ozobulu community in the Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State. Residents said the Unknown Gunmen with over five Hilux Continue
- Why Ekweremadu, Wife May Remain In Prison15 views Maltreatment of the suspected under age donor of human organs to the daughter of the Nigeria former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu may be the root cause of the Enugu born politician and his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu journey to UK Prison. It was gathered that the donor which the court or the Continue
- Mercy Chinwo Sets For Marriage16 views Nigerian gospel music star, Mercy Chinwo has announced her engagement with the resident pastor at WaterBrook church, Blessed Uzochikwa. The gospel singer who became well known in the music industry since 2012, shared a video of her engagement ceremony with the pastor, she described as “I am blessed to be blessed with Blessed Continue
- Lessons I Learnt At Kigali Genocide Memorial This Afternoon – Buhari8 views By Femi Adesina After visiting the Kigali Genocide Memorial in Rwanda on Thursday, President Muhammadu Buhari made a passionate appeal to Nigerians to be tolerant of one another and embrace peace. The President toured the permanent exhibitions at the Memorial and laid a wreath at the mass graves where more than 250,000 victims Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]