Anambra state Fire Service Chief, Engineer Martin Agbili has said no life was lost in a fire explosion that set two fuel stations ablaze among other several damages yesterday night near Boromio roundabout junction at the commercial city of Onitsha in Anambra state.
Martin Agbili said the fire started around 7:30 pm yesterday and his men arrived the scene about same time and fought the fire to standstill on Monday morning by 1 am.
He dismissed the claim and speculations that it was Delta State Fire Service that helped fight the fire, insisting, 4 fire fighting trucks were immediately deployed to the area with his men using both chemicals and water to quench the fire.
Martin Agbili said the cause of the fire is unknown as investigation is currently ongoing.
“I want use this medium to let the public to DISREGARD, that the Anambra State Fire Service came to unprepared to fire scene. We are ever ready to fight fire anywhere in Anambra State. That all the public owe Anambra State Fire Service is to call them in time. Your call in time will determine the RESPONSE time to any fire distress call.
“I want people to DISREGARD, that it was Delta State Fire Service that came to fight the fire at Onitsha. We must know that Delta Fire Service did not cross the boundary talk less of coming closer to the fire scene.
“At about 1930hours (7.30pm) of yesterday being Sunday 12th December 2021, we received a distress call of fire outbreak at one of the fueling station at Onitsha.
“Immediately, our Firefighters and fire trucks were deployed to the fire incident scene to fight and extinguish the fire.
“On getting to the fire scene, we found out that the fire was in Chris-Tee and Silver filling stations near Boromio roundabout, Onitsha.
“At the fire scene were four (4) fire fighting trucks and Firefighters, and other sister agencies who were helping in the crowd and traffic control.
“As at the time of this report, we are yet to ascertain the route cause of the fire outbreak as that can be determined after proper fire investigation.
“To the glory of God, no life was lost at the inferno. Although, about two tanker loaded with diesel and about 7 different cars were burnt during the inferno.
“The Fire was fought to standstill with mixture of water and chemical foam compound. Our firemen and fire trucks are safe after fighting the fire.
“Men of Fire Service finally left the fire scene at about 0125hrs (1.25am) of Monday 13th December 2021.
“According to information on ground, the fire started at CHRISTEE Gas plant and spread over to the two other near by SILVER Fuelling Stations and other places”, the Fire Chief Martin Agbili said.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »