Onitsha Gas Explosion: Our Men Are Safe, 2 Fuel Stations, Tankers, 7 Cars Burnt – Fire Chief Martin Agbili
Anambra state Fire Service Chief, Engineer Martin Agbili has said no life was lost in a fire explosion that set two fuel stations ablaze among other several damages yesterday night near Boromio roundabout junction at the commercial city of Onitsha in Anambra state.
Martin Agbili said the fire started around 7:30 pm yesterday and his men arrived the scene about same time and fought the fire to standstill on Monday morning by 1 am.
He dismissed the claim and speculations that it was Delta State Fire Service that helped fight the fire, insisting, 4 fire fighting trucks were immediately deployed to the area with his men using both chemicals and water to quench the fire.
Martin Agbili said the cause of the fire is unknown as investigation is currently ongoing.
“I want use this medium to let the public to DISREGARD, that the Anambra State Fire Service came to unprepared to fire scene. We are ever ready to fight fire anywhere in Anambra State. That all the public owe Anambra State Fire Service is to call them in time. Your call in time will determine the RESPONSE time to any fire distress call.
“I want people to DISREGARD, that it was Delta State Fire Service that came to fight the fire at Onitsha. We must know that Delta Fire Service did not cross the boundary talk less of coming closer to the fire scene.
“At about 1930hours (7.30pm) of yesterday being Sunday 12th December 2021, we received a distress call of fire outbreak at one of the fueling station at Onitsha.
“Immediately, our Firefighters and fire trucks were deployed to the fire incident scene to fight and extinguish the fire.
“On getting to the fire scene, we found out that the fire was in Chris-Tee and Silver filling stations near Boromio roundabout, Onitsha.
“At the fire scene were four (4) fire fighting trucks and Firefighters, and other sister agencies who were helping in the crowd and traffic control.
“As at the time of this report, we are yet to ascertain the route cause of the fire outbreak as that can be determined after proper fire investigation.
“To the glory of God, no life was lost at the inferno. Although, about two tanker loaded with diesel and about 7 different cars were burnt during the inferno.
“The Fire was fought to standstill with mixture of water and chemical foam compound. Our firemen and fire trucks are safe after fighting the fire.
“Men of Fire Service finally left the fire scene at about 0125hrs (1.25am) of Monday 13th December 2021.
“According to information on ground, the fire started at CHRISTEE Gas plant and spread over to the two other near by SILVER Fuelling Stations and other places”, the Fire Chief Martin Agbili said.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »