Put Us In Prayer, We Have Resolved To Restore Peace To Nigeria___COAS Faruk Yahaya
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Major General Faruk Yahaya has said the Nigerian Army (NA) remains resolute, more than never before, in its resolve to restore peace and security in Nigeria.
He stated this today 4 July 2021, while addressing personnel of the Nigerian Army in a reception held shortly after the Interdenominational Church Service in commemoration of the Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL) 2021, at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Catholic Church, Mogadishu Cantonment, Abuja.
The COAS reiterated that the NA have been working in synergy with other sister Services and security agencies to surmount the security challenges bedeviling the nation.
This he said, has translated into huge operational successes recorded thus far.
While urging the personnel to remain steadfast in prayers, he charged all to be determined and resolute in defeating the enemies of the state.
He urged all personnel to remain resilient until the insurgents, terrorists, bandits and other criminal elements are completely destroyed and defeated, in order to restore peace and security in the country.
The COAS also enjoined members of the Nigerian Army Officers’ Wives Association (NAOWA) and Nigerian Army Soldiers’ Wives Association (NASWA) to always remember the NA in their prayers.
He appreciated the crucial role they are playing in keeping the home front.
Also speaking, the Chairman Central Organizing Committee, NADCEL 2021, Major General Anthony Omozoje reminded the congregation that the NADCEL is a day set aside to honour our fallen heroes for the supreme sacrifice they have made to keep Nigeria sovereign and united.
Earlier, in his sermon the Director Chaplain Services (Protestant), Colonel Mairiga called on the citizens to join hands and support the NA to achieve success.
He noted that the success of the NA, is a success for all Nigerians.
He urged all Christians to be united in prayers for the success of the NA and other security agencies for the restoration of peace in the country.
@views exclusive rights: Onyema Nwachukwu, Brigadier General, Director, Army Public Relations, 4 July 2021.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »