President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday said the sky high rice pyramid commissioned in Abuja will help reduce the high cost of rice in Nigeria when millers finally processed and released the produced rice for sales.
President Muhammadu Buhari made the statement on his social media page today.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Tuesday, January 18, 2022, presided over the official commissioning ceremony of the Central Bank of Nigeria and Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria, RIFAN, Rice Paddy Pyramids at the Abuja International Trade Fair Complex.
“Those Pyramids are strong reminders of our yester-year’s agricultural commodity pyramids, such as the groundnut pyramids in Kano. Secondly, they symbolize that we can produce what we eat.
“We have previously unveiled and showcased similar sky-high rice paddy pyramids in Argungu, Kebbi State, Minna, Niger State, Zauro, Kebbi State, and Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State”, President Buhari said.
President Muhammadu Buhari said currently, rice production in Nigeria has increased to over 7.5 million metric tons annually unlike before the introduction of the Anchor Borrowers Programme, APB, he said the average production in Nigeria between 1999 to 2015 was less than 4 metric tons annually.
“Before this administration launched the ABP, there were only 15 standard Rice mills in Nigeria. As at today, we have over 50 Standard and integrated Rice mills creating jobs and reducing unemployment. We expect additional significant output when two new mills are started in Lagos and Katsina.
“The bags of paddy from the Pyramids will be moving straight to rice milling plants across Nigeria, which lead to the release of processed rice to the markets by the rice millers. The measure will aid our efforts at reducing the price of rice in Nigeria”, Buhari said.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »