Nigerian Army has debunked the rumour that soldiers on Vengeance mission attacked Ohafia cummunity in Abia State, destroying lives and properties.
In a statement issued by the Nigerian Army Authority few hours ago indicated that the troops of Nigerian soldiers carried out routine security clearance operations in the area.
Since on Saturday, there have been conflicting reports that men of the Eastern Security Network shot a soldier man and thus the Nigerian soldiers in large number invaded the community, destroying and burning down houses in search of the E.S.N men.
Another group rumoured that group of Nigerian soldiers carried out mass arrest of youths in Ohafia community, leading to youths cutting down big trees and in addition used big stones to block roads to prevent the soldiers from effecting the arrest.
More rumour flew in yesterday with a tag “unplanned war Ongoing In Ohafia” indicating that men of the Eastern Security Network killed between 10 to 17 soldiers during gun battle in the community.
The Nigerian Army this evening said no soldier or any personnel of the Nigerian Army was killed, adding the army was not on vengeance mission in the area.
Excerpts of the Military statement as presented by Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima, Director, Army Public Relations:
NO SOLDIER WAS KILLED AND TROOPS ARE NOT ON VENGEANCE MISSION IN OHAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ABIA STATE.
The attention of the Nigerian Army has been drawn to a story making rounds in the social media that troops are on vengeance mission in some communities in Abia State following the death of six soldiers in a clash with E.S.N/I.P.O.B terrorists.
The story further alleged that as a result, residents of Elu, Amangwu and Amaekpu in Ohafia Local Government Area have embarked on mass exodus out of fear.
The N.A wishes to debunk the allegation as baseless fabrication aimed at not only tarnishing the good image of the N.A but to create distrust between the public and security agents in the state.
The true position is that troops carried out routine clearance operations in line with the rules of engagement and respect for fundamental human rights of the citizens aimed restoring socio-economic activities which were hitherto disrupted by criminal activities of I.P.O.B/E.S.N elements who attack security agents and government infrastructures.
Troops of the Nigerian Army working in conjunction with personnel of Nigeria Police and other security agencies leveraging on timely and accurate intelligence provided by patriotic citizens, are working tirelessly to restore normalcy to troubled areas and to rid the state a of criminal elements.
Consequently, we wish to reassure the good people of Abia State of the safety of their lives and property and also urge them to continue to report suspicious movements and activities of strange individuals or groups in their vicinity to the nearest security agency for prompt action.
- Video Showing David Umahi Ordered Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Doctored – APC
- Video Suggests David Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants Over Lateness To Work In Ebonyi
- Lagos Increases All Workers Salaries To Fight Nigeria Inflation, Rising Cost Of Living
- IGP Builds Police Stations With Air Conditioners
- IPOB Warns Atiku
- NDLEA Arrests Man Who Built Mansion Only Warehousing Tramadol
- Nnamdi Kanu Will Not Be Personally Present In Court On Tuesday – IPOB
- NDLEA Arrests Ex-Footballer, Others Over Cocaine
- I’m Not Dead – Tinubu
- Little Baby Expresses Joy Uncontrollably Campaigning For Peter Obi
- [Watch Video] Oby Ezekwesili: Maybe Buhari Sent Kankara Science Students On Excursion To Terrorists
- [Watch Full Video]Mcedopikin: Instead Of Spending Money On Side Chicks, Appreciate Your Family
- [Video]Police Parade Items Recovered From Yoruba Nation Protesters
- [Video] Yul Edochie ‘Peppers’ Fans
- [Video] We Have No Hand In Christian Ehima’s Death, Behavior Aggravated Sighting His Mother In Edo – Nigerian Army
- [Video] We Are Responsible For Kuje Prison Break – ISWAP
- [Video] Vigilante Kill 5 Persons Accused of Kidnapping In Edo, Human Rights Group Petitions IGP, Says 5 Burnt To Death Were Labourers, Victim Of False Information
- [Video] Unknown Soldiers Protect Asari Dokubo With RPG, Machine Guns, Other Weapons In Buguma, Rivers State
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen On Rampage In Enugu, Surviving Policeman In Shock As 3 Colleagues, Others Killed At Checkpoint
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen In Show Of Force At Ihiala, Display 4 Security Men Dead Bodies