Nigerian Army has debunked the rumour that soldiers on Vengeance mission attacked Ohafia cummunity in Abia State, destroying lives and properties.
In a statement issued by the Nigerian Army Authority few hours ago indicated that the troops of Nigerian soldiers carried out routine security clearance operations in the area.
Since on Saturday, there have been conflicting reports that men of the Eastern Security Network shot a soldier man and thus the Nigerian soldiers in large number invaded the community, destroying and burning down houses in search of the E.S.N men.
Another group rumoured that group of Nigerian soldiers carried out mass arrest of youths in Ohafia community, leading to youths cutting down big trees and in addition used big stones to block roads to prevent the soldiers from effecting the arrest.
More rumour flew in yesterday with a tag “unplanned war Ongoing In Ohafia” indicating that men of the Eastern Security Network killed between 10 to 17 soldiers during gun battle in the community.
The Nigerian Army this evening said no soldier or any personnel of the Nigerian Army was killed, adding the army was not on vengeance mission in the area.
Excerpts of the Military statement as presented by Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima, Director, Army Public Relations:
NO SOLDIER WAS KILLED AND TROOPS ARE NOT ON VENGEANCE MISSION IN OHAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ABIA STATE.
The attention of the Nigerian Army has been drawn to a story making rounds in the social media that troops are on vengeance mission in some communities in Abia State following the death of six soldiers in a clash with E.S.N/I.P.O.B terrorists.
The story further alleged that as a result, residents of Elu, Amangwu and Amaekpu in Ohafia Local Government Area have embarked on mass exodus out of fear.
The N.A wishes to debunk the allegation as baseless fabrication aimed at not only tarnishing the good image of the N.A but to create distrust between the public and security agents in the state.
The true position is that troops carried out routine clearance operations in line with the rules of engagement and respect for fundamental human rights of the citizens aimed restoring socio-economic activities which were hitherto disrupted by criminal activities of I.P.O.B/E.S.N elements who attack security agents and government infrastructures.
Troops of the Nigerian Army working in conjunction with personnel of Nigeria Police and other security agencies leveraging on timely and accurate intelligence provided by patriotic citizens, are working tirelessly to restore normalcy to troubled areas and to rid the state a of criminal elements.
Consequently, we wish to reassure the good people of Abia State of the safety of their lives and property and also urge them to continue to report suspicious movements and activities of strange individuals or groups in their vicinity to the nearest security agency for prompt action.
- Be Security Conscious, GOC Tells Soldiers In Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, EbonyiBy Jonathan Unuakhalu General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division Nigerian Army and Commander Joint Task Force (South East) Operation UDO … Read more
- NAF Claims It Airstrikes Unknown Gunmen Hideouts In Nnewi, OkigweNigerian Air Force has claimed it airstrikes unknown gunmen it described as members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB … Read more
- Mohbad Brought In Dead After Nurse Gave Him Injections At Home – Perez HospitalAuthority of Perez Medcare Hospital in Lagos State has issued a press statement stating that the Nigerian upcoming artiste, Ilerioluwa … Read more
- Troops Discover Gun Manufacturing Factory In KadunaMen of the Nigerian Army has discovered a factory where guns are being manufactured in Kaduna State. The Nigerian Army … Read more
- BRA Claims Responsibility For 8 Soldiers, Other Operatives Killed In ImoFirst time since secessionist gun battle began in the southeastern states of Nigeria in 2021, a group who identified themselves … Read more
- Mohbad’s Spirit Is Strong, I Find It Hard To Sleep – DavidoNigeria born international music star, David Adeleke well known as Davido has said he can’t sleep easily since the death … Read more
- Whenever A President Or Governor Is Present, Royal Father Must Stand Up To Honour Authority – ObasanjoFormer Nigeria President, Olusegun Obasanjo is no doubt currently trending on social media over a video of him posted online … Read more
- NDLEA Intercepts Illicit-drugs Conceal In Tin Tomatoes, Arrests GrandmotherBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have intercepted consignments of skunk concealed in tins … Read more
- Morocco Confirms 2497 People Killed In Friday Night EarthquakeMorocco officials have confirmed that over 2,497 people lost their lives following the earthquake that erupted in some parts of … Read more
- [Watch Video] Oby Ezekwesili: Maybe Buhari Sent Kankara Science Students On Excursion To Terrorists*Buhari is the most selfish Nigerian I know. ShareTweetLikeShares0
- [Watch Full Video]Mcedopikin: Instead Of Spending Money On Side Chicks, Appreciate Your FamilyInstead Of Spending money on side chicks, Appreciate your family members, who raised and stood by you, I Love You … Read more
- [Video]Police Parade Items Recovered From Yoruba Nation Protesters[jp_post_view] Nigeria Police Force, Lagos State Command have paraded over 49 alleged Yoruba Nation protesters. The suspects paraded some hours … Read more
- [Video] Yul Edochie ‘Peppers’ FansNollywood actor and a politician, Yul Edochie took to his social media page few minutes ago to show that his … Read more
- [Video] We Have No Hand In Christian Ehima’s Death, Behavior Aggravated Sighting His Mother In Edo – Nigerian ArmyNigerian Army yesterday refuted reports that a man, Christian Ehima who escaped from Kidnappers was tortured to death when he … Read more
- [Video] We Are Responsible For Kuje Prison Break – ISWAPIslamic State in West Africa Province, ISWAP, has released a video and said it’s responsible for the Kuje Prison Break … Read more
- [Video] Vigilante Kill 5 Persons Accused of Kidnapping In Edo, Human Rights Group Petitions IGP, Says 5 Burnt To Death Were Labourers, Victim Of False Information[jp_post_view] A Human Rights group, Talakawa’s Parliament has petitioned the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba to fish out the … Read more
- [Video] Unknown Soldiers Protect Asari Dokubo With RPG, Machine Guns, Other Weapons In Buguma, Rivers StateUnknown Soldiers in large numbers were seen on Saturday on the streets of Buguma in the Asari-Toru local government area … Read more
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen On Rampage In Enugu, Surviving Policeman In Shock As 3 Colleagues, Others Killed At CheckpointUnknown Gunmen since on Monday this week have continued to attack and kill numbers of Nigeria soldiers and policemen in … Read more
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen In Show Of Force At Ihiala, Display 4 Security Men Dead BodiesUnknown Gunmen suspected to be members of the Biafra secessionist armed group, took over some streets and the ever busy … Read more