Sowore: Activist Petitions Governor Obaseki Over Refusal To Ban Open Grazing, Influx Of Herdsmen Into Edo State
Human rights activist and leader of the Talakawa’s parliament, Kola Edokpayi has condemned the action of the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki over refusal to ban open grazing of cattles and what the activist described as mass exodus of herders into Edo State.
Kola Edokpoyi made the petition against the Governor less than 24 hours, Olajide Sowore, the younger brother to the publisher and founder of Saharareporters, Omoyele Sowore was shot and killed by kidnappers suspected to be herdsmen around Isiuwa community in the Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State.
Kola Edokpayi who made the call through live interactive broadcast on his social media handle also accused the governor of possible alliance with the Presidency for the establishment of RUGA settlement in Edo State, adding, such may be the reason for his failure to implement resolution 2 of the Asaba Declaration which entails banning of open grazing of cattles in the sourthern part of Nigeria.
Kola Edokpayi also condenmed the Governor for trying to force Covid-19 vaccination on everyone in the state.
Kola words are presented thus:
On Tuesday, the 11th day of May, 2021 the 17 Southern State Governors of Nigeria met in Asaba, Delta State to discuss several issues copiously which included, inter alia , Security, Open Cattle Grazing and Restructuring of Nigeria. The Governors arrived at 12 resolutions including banning open grazing of cattle in all their respective states.
The Governors observed in resolution 2 ” that the incursion of armed herders, criminals, and bandits into the southern part of the country has presented a severe security challenge such that citizens are not able to live their normal lives including pursuing various productive activities leading to a threat to food supply and general security. Consequently, the meeting resolved that open grazing of cattle be banned across southern Nigeria”
September 1, 2021 was unanimously slated for the implementation of the ban on Open grazing of cattle having passed through the legislative processes and signed into law by the Southern Governors.
It is sardonic to note that till date, Governor Godwin Obaseki has refused to formally transmit an Executive Bill to the Parliament to ban open grazing of cattle in Edo State while his counterparts in other States including Ondo State have signed the bill into law inline with the September 1, 2021 deadline.
There is mass exodus of herders into our state while the Governor is taciturn to that effect .
Is it that our amiable Governor has entered into an alliance nicodemusly with the Presidency for the establishment of RUGA settlement in our state, hence his failure to implement resolution 2 of the Asaba Declaration?
The aborted inauguration of Sultan in Edo State on my mind.
If the Governor cannot act rapidly on what will benefit Edo people Why is he forcing Edo people to take Covid 19 vaccines in the midst of Huvid 21( Hunger Virus) that kills faster than Corona Virus.
Governor Godwin Obaseki should do the needful by transmitting the Anti Open Grazing Bill to the Parliament because the peregrination of herders into our state is unpalatable.
He should empower the Security Agencies, the Local Vigilante and Hunters Groups with funds and paraphernalia of office to provide security for our highways as Kidnappers and Criminal herders are winning the battle there.
From the blind passion of those that worship power, May God rescue Edo State from the state of quagmire to the state of eldorado.
It would be recalled Edo State Command of the Nigeria Police Force confirmed the kidnapping of numbers of persons at Isiuwa area along the Benin-Ibadan-Lagos Expressway closer to Okada University community, killing Oladije Sowore, a pharmaceutical student of the Igbinedion University and younger brother to the publisher of Saharareporters at the spot yesterday morning.
- 7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba NationHeavily armed group who identified themselves as Yoruba Nation Army on Sunday early morning simultaneously attacked a police station in … Read More “7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba Nation” »
- Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu SaniLess than few hours to the end of President Muhammadu Buhari led government, Senator Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central senatorial … Read More “Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu Sani” »
- Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno OmokriReno Omokri, former presidential spokesperson to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New Media, has described President Muhammadu Buhari valedictory nationwide broadcast … Read More “Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno Omokri” »
- Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – AtikuPresidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and former Nigeria Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has described the Supreme Court ruling … Read More “Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – Atiku” »
- Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian AirlinesNigeria government under the leadership of the outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to deny the allegations that the planes … Read More “Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian Airlines” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]