Security situation in Nigeria appeared to be getting more and more worse as terrorists group often referred to as bandits beat all security arrangement in Jos, the Plateau State capital yesterday and attacked the medium custodial centre of the Nigerian Correctional Services located within the areas of Nigeria Police Force, Nigerian Army and Department of State Services’ commands, free all inmates and left the scene with no report from any of the security agencies indicating the arrest, killing or injuring any of the attackers.
Residents described the location of the Jos prison that was attacked yesterday by terror bandits to be very close to the Department of State Services command, Police Area Comman, Plateau state headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force, Police barracks, Nigerian Army Operation Safe Haven Headquarters, and Plateau state High court complex.
It was gathered that the attackers invaded the prison at about 5pm yesterday, shot sporadically, forcing the prison guards to give way.
The attackers gained entrance through the main gate and broke all prison cells for the inmates to escape.
While the joint security operatives were at the Jos Prison main gate calculating and strategizing on how to move in, the attackers were said to have successfully lead most of the freed inmates out and escaped with them through alternative routes within the prison environment.
Some fleeing inmates numbering over 8 persons were killed by security operatives.
An official of the Nigerian Correctional Services said the 8 bodies recovered were fleeing inmates, the prison official accused of joining and providing support to the attackers immediately the attackers gained access into the prison.
Plateau State Command of the Nigeria Police Force through its Public Relations Officer announced that the command have rearrested 8 out of the total numbers of the escaped inmates yet to be stated. Adding, one of the rearrested inmates reported and surrendered self to the police.
- Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake StrikeAdvertisements Death toll from Monday devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria has risen to eleven thousand. President and Chief Executive … Read More “Death Toll Rises To 11000 In Turkey, Syria Earthquake Strike” »
- Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court RulesAdvertisements Nigeria apex Court, Supreme Court of Justice has ruled that the February 10 deadline for the usage of the … Read More “Old Naira Notes Can Still Be Use After Feb 10 Deadline, Supreme Court Rules” »
- ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira NotesAdvertisements By Press Unit As part of ongoing efforts at ensuring that commercial banks comply with the Central Bank of … Read More “ICPC Arrests Sterling Bank Managers For Hoarding N258m Redesigned Naira Notes” »
- New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian TownAdvertisements By News Agency Residents digging through a collapsed building in a northwest Syrian town discovered a crying infant whose … Read More “New Born With Umbilical Cord Still On Her Dead Mother Found Under Rubble In Earthquake Hit Syrian Town” »
- Ifeanyi Uba Donates Security Gadgets, Personnel To Anambra GovtAdvertisements By Press Unit Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR, the Executive Governor of Anambra, was in Nnewi North Local Government Area … Read More “Ifeanyi Uba Donates Security Gadgets, Personnel To Anambra Govt” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]