Terror Bandits: Katsina State Governor Aminu Masari Asks NCC To Restore Network
Katsina State Governor, Aminu Bello Masari has said the activities of terrorist group known as Bandits have reduced and near normalcy in ten local government areas out of the seventeen local government councils the government placed a ban on telephone network services.
Director General on Media to the Katsina State Governor, Abdu Labaran Malumfashi in a statement few minutes ago said the Governor asked Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC to restore network in Kurfi, Dutsinma, Matazu, Musawa, Malumfashi, Dandume, Bakori, Funtua, Kafur and Danja local government areas following near normalcy in the areas.
“The decision by the government to suspend the ban in the ten local governments is as a result of the return to near normalcy, even as efforts have remained on the front burner to ensure maximum return of peace in every part of the state.
“Governor Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina State has written to the Nigerian Telecommunications Commission (NCC) requesting it to restore telephone services in ten of the 17 local government areas affected by the ban, which came in force about four months ago.
“The affected ten local government areas are Kurfi, Dutsinma, Matazu, Musawa, Malumfashi and Dandume. The rest include Bakori, Funtua, Kafur and Danja.
“Those not affected by the planned restoration of the services are Faskari, Sabuwa, Batsari, Safana, Kankara, Danmusa and Jibia.
“It would be recalled that the Katsina State government had passed a crime prevention order, which, in addition to suspending telephone services in 17 local government areas, also prohibited the use of some roads in the affected areas, the transportation of firewood within the state, sale of all categories of animals in, and the total closure of some major markets in the affected places as well as the sale of motor cycles in the affected markets and the restriction of the use of commercial motorcycles and tricycles from 10.00pm to 5.30am throughout the state, among others”, the statement reads.
Katsina is the home state of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- 7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba NationHeavily armed group who identified themselves as Yoruba Nation Army on Sunday early morning simultaneously attacked a police station in … Read More “7 Arrested As Agitators Attack Police Station In Lagos, Takeover FRCN Radio In Ibadan, Declares Yoruba Nation” »
- Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu SaniLess than few hours to the end of President Muhammadu Buhari led government, Senator Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central senatorial … Read More “Buhari Grants Waivers To Rich, Impoverishes The Poor – Shehu Sani” »
- Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno OmokriReno Omokri, former presidential spokesperson to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New Media, has described President Muhammadu Buhari valedictory nationwide broadcast … Read More “Buhari ‘Lied’ Over Nigeria GDP, Economy, Security – Reno Omokri” »
- Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – AtikuPresidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and former Nigeria Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has described the Supreme Court ruling … Read More “Tinubu Inauguration: Supreme Court Ruling Not A Setback, Election Courts Will Stop Mandate Bandits – Atiku” »
- Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian AirlinesNigeria government under the leadership of the outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to deny the allegations that the planes … Read More “Planes Painted Green-White-Green Nigeria Colours, Ethiopian Airlines” »