TEXT OF THE SPECIAL BROADCAST BY HIS EXCELLENCY, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF ZAMFARA STATE, HONOURABLE DOCTOR BELLO MOHAMMED MATAWALLE, MON (SHATTIMAN SOKOTO), ON THE BANDITRY ATTACK AT KADAWA, ZURMI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AND THE NEW SECURITY MEASURES ADOPTED.
My dear people of Zamfara state, I address you this evening over the recent escalation in the wave of banditry in some parts of our dear State.
As you are aware, the most recent one is the attack on Kadawa village, Zurmi Local Government Area. The reports we received confirmed that the bandits have killed many innocent people.
- I feel saddened by this unfortunate and barbaric act of cowardice. With a heavy heart, I convey my condolences on behalf of my family and the entire people of the State over this massacre. Our thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved families and the whole people of Kadawa of Zurmi Local Government Area, and all families that have lost their loved ones across the State.
- I pray to Almighty Allah to forgive and shower His mercy to the deceased and grant their families the fortitude to bear the loss.
- As I express my condolences to every one of you individually and collectively, I want to tell you that we will stay doubly proactive in confronting these men of the underworld.
- These hard hearted gang of criminals have made us to believe that violence is the only language they understand. More than ever before we are determined to pay them in the same coins.
- In recent weeks, the act of banditry has reverted to the ugly dimensions it had prior to the coming of my administration.
- The marauders kill without regard for any rules of sanity. Women, the elderly, and children are not spared. As a result, a large number of people have been displaced in nearly every town in the State.
- My dear people of Zamfara people, you are witnesses to what we have accomplished from the beginning of our administration, particularly the peace and reconciliation efforts that we initiated and achieved. As a result, we have been able to shift our violent narratives to ones of optimism and peaceful coexistence. Unfortunately, things suddenly took a dramatic turn, and things are getting worse by the day.
- It is clear that some invincible hands are plotting evil against our people with the goal of making our State as terrifying as it were in the years gone by.
- My constant prayer is for Allah to reveal those who are perpetrating these cruel atrocities against our people.
- I assure you that we will remain steadfast in our efforts to eradicate banditry and all types of criminality from the State. In this battle, no sacred cow.
- Whosoever is involved in these dastardly acts, no matter how highly placed, would be dealt with according to the law. We have demonstrated this commitment based on the actions we have taken in respect of Emir of Maru, Emir of Dansadau and, following yesterday’s incident, the Emir of Zurmi.
- My administration has resolved to continue implementing the recommendations of the MD Abubakar-led Committee on Finding Solutions to Banditry in Zamfara State as a next step in addressing this vexing problem. We would not spare anyone indicted by the committee’s report, no matter how high up they are.
- I stated while receiving the report on 11th October 2019 that in implementing the report, the interest of the people of the State, especially their safety, security and individual as well as collective progress and development, would be the guiding principles of my government.
- Let me reiterate my call during the special sermon and prayers yesterday that our people should complement the efforts of the security forces by defending their communities in the wake of any attacks. This strategy is part of the decisions taken by the northern states governors to combat the menace of banditry and related crimes in the region.
- I wish to call on the people everywhere in the State to be vigilant and cooperate with the security operatives for the success of this battle, as the fight against insecurity requires concerted efforts. In one way or the other, everybody has a role to play in addressing our security challenges.
- While security operatives re-strategize to deal with the crisis desively, I urge our people to continue to pray for their success. May Almighty Allah bring us back to the glorious era of peace and prosperity we once enjoyed.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »
- Putin Receives Stunning Welcome In UAE, Saudi ArabiaRussia President, Vladimir Putin gets a grand welcome in the United Arab Emirates, UAE with a 21-gun salute and a … Read More “Putin Receives Stunning Welcome In UAE, Saudi Arabia” »
- Senate Gives NNPCL Boss Mele Kayri 24hrs To Explain ₦11trn Maintenance CostChairman of the Senate Appropriation Committee, Senator Adeola Olamilekan, has ordered the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National … Read More “Senate Gives NNPCL Boss Mele Kayri 24hrs To Explain ₦11trn Maintenance Cost” »
- Benin Republic, Nigeria, A Conjoined Twins – TinubuBy Ajuri Ngelale President Bola Tinubu says cooperation is imperative for economic prosperity in West Africa, noting that a lack … Read More “Benin Republic, Nigeria, A Conjoined Twins – Tinubu” »
- President Kim Jong-un In ‘Tears’, Begs Women To Have More ChildrenNorth Korea President, Kim Jong-un has burst into tears before a crowd of Korean mothers, begging the women to have … Read More “President Kim Jong-un In ‘Tears’, Begs Women To Have More Children” »
- Iran Court Fines US Govt $49.7b Over General Qassem Soleimani AssassinationIranian court in Tehran has ordered United States of America to pay the sum of $49.7 billion for the killing … Read More “Iran Court Fines US Govt $49.7b Over General Qassem Soleimani Assassination” »
- [Watch Video] Oby Ezekwesili: Maybe Buhari Sent Kankara Science Students On Excursion To Terrorists*Buhari is the most selfish Nigerian I know. ShareTweetLikeShares0
- [Watch Full Video]Mcedopikin: Instead Of Spending Money On Side Chicks, Appreciate Your FamilyInstead Of Spending money on side chicks, Appreciate your family members, who raised and stood by you, I Love You … Read More “[Watch Full Video]Mcedopikin: Instead Of Spending Money On Side Chicks, Appreciate Your Family” »
- [Video]Police Parade Items Recovered From Yoruba Nation Protesters[jp_post_view] Nigeria Police Force, Lagos State Command have paraded over 49 alleged Yoruba Nation protesters. The suspects paraded some hours … Read More “[Video]Police Parade Items Recovered From Yoruba Nation Protesters” »
- [Video] Yul Edochie ‘Peppers’ FansNollywood actor and a politician, Yul Edochie took to his social media page few minutes ago to show that his … Read More “[Video] Yul Edochie ‘Peppers’ Fans” »
- [Video] We Have No Hand In Christian Ehima’s Death, Behavior Aggravated Sighting His Mother In Edo – Nigerian ArmyNigerian Army yesterday refuted reports that a man, Christian Ehima who escaped from Kidnappers was tortured to death when he … Read More “[Video] We Have No Hand In Christian Ehima’s Death, Behavior Aggravated Sighting His Mother In Edo – Nigerian Army” »
- [Video] We Are Responsible For Kuje Prison Break – ISWAPIslamic State in West Africa Province, ISWAP, has released a video and said it’s responsible for the Kuje Prison Break … Read More “[Video] We Are Responsible For Kuje Prison Break – ISWAP” »
- [Video] Vigilante Kill 5 Persons Accused of Kidnapping In Edo, Human Rights Group Petitions IGP, Says 5 Burnt To Death Were Labourers, Victim Of False Information[jp_post_view] A Human Rights group, Talakawa’s Parliament has petitioned the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba to fish out the … Read More “[Video] Vigilante Kill 5 Persons Accused of Kidnapping In Edo, Human Rights Group Petitions IGP, Says 5 Burnt To Death Were Labourers, Victim Of False Information” »
- [Video] Unknown Soldiers Protect Asari Dokubo With RPG, Machine Guns, Other Weapons In Buguma, Rivers StateUnknown Soldiers in large numbers were seen on Saturday on the streets of Buguma in the Asari-Toru local government area … Read More “[Video] Unknown Soldiers Protect Asari Dokubo With RPG, Machine Guns, Other Weapons In Buguma, Rivers State” »
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen On Rampage In Enugu, Surviving Policeman In Shock As 3 Colleagues, Others Killed At CheckpointUnknown Gunmen since on Monday this week have continued to attack and kill numbers of Nigeria soldiers and policemen in … Read More “[VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen On Rampage In Enugu, Surviving Policeman In Shock As 3 Colleagues, Others Killed At Checkpoint” »
- [VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen In Show Of Force At Ihiala, Display 4 Security Men Dead BodiesUnknown Gunmen suspected to be members of the Biafra secessionist armed group, took over some streets and the ever busy … Read More “[VIDEO] Unknown Gunmen In Show Of Force At Ihiala, Display 4 Security Men Dead Bodies” »