Unknown Gunmen: I Will Not Negotiate With Any Criminal No Matter The Agenda – Hope Uzodimma
Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma has said the government of Imo State is not available for any form of negotiation with any criminal or gang of criminals in the state no matter their coloration or agenda.
Hope Uzodimma made this known few hours ago as part of his Christmas message to people of Imo State and the general public.
Imo state had been under frequent attacks carried out group of armed group code named Unknown gunmen.
The Unknown Gunmen are suspected to be members of the secessionist group fighting for the actualization of Biafra Republic and the unconditional release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu who was recently rearrested in Kenya and currently in Department of State Services custody for alleged treasonable offences.
According to Governor Hope Uzodimma, the interest of Imo state people supersedes the interest of any individual or a sectional group.
Adding, people in the business of banditry, kidnapping and other related crimes should turn a new leaf inline with the spirit of Christmas or they will be made to face the full wrath of the law.
“The interest of Imolites in general supersedes that of any individual or a sectional group and it’s on that note that I make bold to resound Government’s non-availability to negotiate with any criminal no matter the coloration of the nomenclature.
“In the spirit of Christmas, I therefore extend hands of fellowship to everyone in the business of banditry, kidnapping and other related crimes, to either turn a new leaf or face the full wrath of the law for the security of lives and properties of Imolites and residents remains sacrosanct.
“Once more, I felicitate with you all as we celebrate this season with love”, Hope Uzodimma said.
Unknown Gunmen have killed a lot of security Operatives both from Civil Defense, Police, Nigerian Navy to Nigerian Army most especially when one of the suspected members of the unknown gunmen, simply identified as Ikonso was killed in April this year by Joint Security Operatives at Awo-Omamma community in Imo state.
Since the killing of Ikonso, there have been uncontrollable violence between Nigeria security Operatives and the Unknown Gunmen resulting in hundreds of deaths in both sides and mass destruction of government facilities.
Some of the concerned lovers and supporters of Iknoso took to social media yesterday to celebrate the posthumous birthday of the deceased suspect.
The people described Ikonso as one of the major Igbo men who stood out to defend the Southeast territory with the creation of Eastern Security Network, ESN against Fulani terror bandits advancing from the Northern Nigeria.
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »
- Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In BelgorodOne of the Sympathizer groups, Liberty of Russia Legion fighting Russia military in favour of Ukraine has accused President Vladimir … Read More “Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In Belgorod” »
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »