Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba has ordered one day ban of vehicles or travellers plying into or through Anambra state this coming Saturday slated for governorship election in the state.
The Nigeria Inspector General of Police in a press release signed by the Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba and made available to the public few hours ago said the one day ban of vehicles into the state will commerce by 11:59 pm on Friday and ends on Saturday by 11:59 pm.
The Press Release reads in part:
“The IGP enjoined citizens particularly motorists and travellers who may want to use the routes within Anambra State during the period of the restrictions to seek alternative routes and see the inconveniences as part of sacrifices toward the collective sustenance of our democracy
“The IGP noted that the restriction order has become necessary following pointers from the Election Security Threats Assessments conducted by the Force which indicate a high likelihood of infiltration by criminally-minded individuals to Anambra State, before, during and after the polls.
“The IGP further noted that the measure would also avail security forces a firm grip of the State to checkmate the movement of political thugs and touts, and prevent the free flow, circulation and use of illicit arms and hard drugs throughout the period and beyond.
“As part of measures aimed at protecting the sanctity of the electoral process in the November 6, 2021, Anambra State Gubernatorial Elections, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has ordered the restriction of vehicular movement in and out of Anambra State from 11:59PM on Friday, 5th November, 2021 to 11:59PM on Saturday, 6th November, 2021.
“The IGP enjoined INEC officials, accredited observers and journalists, and other authorized officials to go about their lawful duties as it relates to the elections, provided they observe all relevant rules guiding their deployment including the visible display of their accreditation tags.
“He acknowledged that Police officers and other security personnel deployed for the election will be appropriately supervised to ensure they carry out their responsibilities in the most humane, firm and professional manner especially to emergency service providers such as fire-fighters and ambulance services.
“He called on citizens in the State to go out en-masse on the Election Day and exercise their franchise without any fear or apprehension as the Force and other security agencies are already on ground to ensure a safe and conducive environment for the elections”, IGP said.
Meanwhile, the Indigenous People of Biafra has claimed it has cancelled the 5 days sit-at-home order in the southeast states.
The IPOB has earlier claimed the cancellation of every Monday sit-at-home it earler ordered but despite the claim, unknown gunmen believed to be the well organized group of the intended Biafra Army have killed alot of persons, burnt vehicles, buildings and shops of people who failed to observe the sit-at-home order.
- House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, DaughterLagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja Area has sentenced to death by hanging, a domestic staff, Joseph Ogbu, for … Read More “House Help Sentenced To Death For Killing 89-Year-Old Madam, Daughter” »
- Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno OmokriBy Reno Omokri People died from a mass shooting in America 2 days ago. You don’t see Americans saying ‘America … Read More “Life Not That Bad In Nigeria – Reno Omokri” »
- Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – BuhariBy Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday declared that the discovery and drilling of oil in Nasarawa State will … Read More “Crude Oil Discovery In Nasarawa State Will Lead Nigeria To Greater Prosperity – Buhari” »
- Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, FireworksBy Abdullahi Kiyawa Kano State Police Command under the leadership of CP Mamman Dauda, congratulates the Muslim Umma for witnessing … Read More “Ramadan: Kano Bans ‘Keke’, Illegal Horse Riding, Fireworks” »
- Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – PoliceBy Daniel Ndukwe Police Operatives serving in Nsukka Area Command of Enugu State Police Command, acting on credible information and … Read More “Nnamdi Kanu: We Rescued Kamsi From Kidnappers – Police” »
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]