Unknown Gunmen yesterday evening invaded the commercial city of Onitsha in Anambra state killing yet to be ascertained total numbers of Policemen at checkpoint around Idemili area of Obosi community.
We gathered the special police anti terrorism squad always mount check point at the Idemili roundabout where Julius Begar is perfecting the construction of the second Niger Bridge.
Residents said the police men came under attack in the evening of yesterday, between the hours of 5 to 6 pm, forcing motorists and other road users to run for safety.
Some residents said one police officer was found lifeless after the attack while other road users said three Policemen were killed during the attack.
Some motorists said some of the troops of the Nigerian Army who earlier in the day moved to Ihiala area of the state to engage the Unknown Gunmen in their camps withdrew and fallback to rescue the situation at the Idemili roundabout along the Onitsha-Owerri road.
- CCTV Shows Soldiers Run To Take Cover As Unknown Gunmen Stage Attack In Ebonyi
- Police Officers Wives In Imo Build Hospital For Sickle Cell
- GOC Warns Soldiers Over Sales Of Arms, Ammunition
- Obaseki Declares Curfew To Demolish Houses In Benin, Hide Under Security Check
- 3 Policemen, 6 Others Burn To Death In Bullion Van Accident