Unknown Gunmen: Police Deploys 3 Helicopters, Special Marine, Dogs, All Special Units Including Medical Doctors To Anambra
Nigeria Police Force has deployed over 3 helicopters with special marine assets to fight unknown gunmen who have vowed to stop the Anambra State Governorship election slated for November 6, 2021.
Anambra state has been under series of attack carried out by the unknown gunmen in recent weeks, invading a well organized military formation at Ihiala, killing soldiers and Policemen both in Ihiala and several other places across Anambra state as part of their aims to stop the governorship election in the state.
Nigeria Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba said the police force has analyzed the security threat in Anambra state and decided to deploy the Air wing, Marine and the Force Animal branch to provide security for the Anambra state gubernatorial election.
A press release issued by the Commissioner of Police, Frank Mba in charge of Force Public Relations few hours ago reads thus:
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba has ordered the mobilization and deployment of a total of Thirty-Four Thousand, Five Hundred and Eighty-Seven (34,587) police personnel, three (3) Police Helicopters, technical capabilities of the Police Airwing, the Force Marine and the Force Animal Branch, and other operational assets for the Anambra State Gubernatorial Elections slated for 6th November, 2021.
The IGP made this known today, 14th October, 2021 at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, during the 2nd Strategic Police Managers Conference for Senior Police Officers from the rank of Commissioner of Police and above.
The IGP noted that the Force has conducted an Election Security Threat Analysis as part of preparations for the Elections and also developed a Strategic Election Security Operational plan to stabilize the prevailing security situation in Anambra State.
These actions are aimed at creating a conducive and enabling environment that will guarantee the peaceful conduct of the elections.
The IGP further noted that the 34,587 personnel, comprising conventional police officers, Police Mobile Force (PMF), Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Special Forces personnel, Explosives Ordinance Unit (EOD), Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB), INTERPOL, Special Protection Unit (SPU) as well as Police Medical Teams, will be on ground to guarantee a hitch-free election.
In addition, three (3) Police helicopters will be deployed for aerial surveillance amongst other unique operational capabilities.
The IGP has equally charged the Commissioners of Police in the thirty-six (36) States of the Federation and the FCT as well as their supervisory Assistant Inspectors General of Police to return to their Commands and strengthen the security architecture therein especially as the year gradually winds down and the Yuletide season draws closer.
He also directed the Strategic Commanders to evolve proactive anti-crime approaches to enable the Force stay ahead against any anticipated security threats to the lives and property of the citizenry.
The IGP called on citizens to continue to support the Police in their various localities, noting that a robust police operational asset would be delivered soon which will no doubt re-energize policing operations toward improving public safety and security in the country.
He assured the nation that the various policing reforms being vigorously pursued by the Force leadership will avail citizens with a more professional, effective, proactive and accountable Police Force.
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »
- Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In IndiaMore than 50 persons have been killed and 500 others injured as two passenger trains collided on Friday in the … Read More “Scores Killed As 2 Trains Collide In India” »
- Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2Russian Ministry of Defence has confirmed the multiple attacks launched by unknown Sympathizers which led to the killing of two … Read More “Unknown Sympathizers Launch Multiple Attacks In Russia, Kill 2” »
- Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of StaffPresident Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria has appointed the Speaker, House of Representatives in the National Assembly, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila … Read More “Tinubu Appoints Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff” »