Vehicles have continued to run into trailer truck with full load of cements that blocked Onitsha-Owerri road at Oba Community in Anambra state since on Wednesday night, causing serious injuries to motorits and travellers.
This, as all shops in the main road and adjoining streets in the community were seen under lock today and the roads devoid of vehicular movement in compliance with the sit-at-home order to demand for the unconditional release of the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and the declaration of the Biafra Republic.
Residents rushed out early this morning to help rescue passenger and bus driver that were trapped inside the vehicle when the bus on a speed ran into the trailer truck.
It was gathered the bus belonging to Trophy Heroes Motors ran into the truck around 5 this morning while the driver thought the bonfires set on the road as a warning sign were the work of angry youths bent on enforcing the 5 days sit-at-home order in Anambra state.
The driver who was seen trapped inside the vehicle 2 hours after the occurrence was said to have arrived Onitsha from Lagos state where he dropped passengers and he was returning home when the incident occurred.
Residents butchered the vehicle to pull out the driver.
Another truck with 50 feet container also ran into the stationed vehicle but the driver of the container truck managed to escape death when the vehicle squeeze, struggle and ran into gutter at the front of Rojenny Village recreational centre.
The two front tyres of the container truck pulled off but the driver came out unhurt.
Residents said the container truck ran into the gutter around one o’clock this morning.
Residents however complained why Federal Road Safety whose office is less than 3 minutes drive to Oba refused to remove the obstructing trailer truck from the road since on Wednesday.
Some said a Toyota corolla vehicle ran into the truck and was completely trapped under the truck around 8 pm on Thurday nights hours after a luxurious bus jammed the trailer truck causing serious injuries to both the drivers and passengers.
As at the time of filling in this report, no security operative was seen around the ever busy Onitsha-Owerri road at Oba Community. It could not be ascertained if the security operatives stationed in the community joined the residents to observe the sit-at-home order.
It was gathered the trailer truck load with cements failed break and blocked the ever busy Onitsha-Owerri federal road since on Wednesday.
- We Are Praying For Ekweremadu Family – Peter Obi9 views Labour Party Presidential candidate in the forthcoming 2023 general election, Peter Obi has said his family is praying to God Almighty to see the former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and his family through over their current travail. MO Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu were arrested and arraigned, remanded to Continue
- Unknown Gunmen Stage Another Show Of Force In Ihiala, Kill 2 At Ozobulu6 views Unknown Gunmen suspected to be members of Biafra secessionist armed group on Thursday staged another show of force at Ihiala main town in the Ihiala local government area, after killing two persons at Ozobulu community in the Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State. Residents said the Unknown Gunmen with over five Hilux Continue
- Why Ekweremadu, Wife May Remain In Prison15 views Maltreatment of the suspected under age donor of human organs to the daughter of the Nigeria former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu may be the root cause of the Enugu born politician and his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu journey to UK Prison. It was gathered that the donor which the court or the Continue
- Mercy Chinwo Sets For Marriage16 views Nigerian gospel music star, Mercy Chinwo has announced her engagement with the resident pastor at WaterBrook church, Blessed Uzochikwa. The gospel singer who became well known in the music industry since 2012, shared a video of her engagement ceremony with the pastor, she described as “I am blessed to be blessed with Blessed Continue
- Lessons I Learnt At Kigali Genocide Memorial This Afternoon – Buhari8 views By Femi Adesina After visiting the Kigali Genocide Memorial in Rwanda on Thursday, President Muhammadu Buhari made a passionate appeal to Nigerians to be tolerant of one another and embrace peace. The President toured the permanent exhibitions at the Memorial and laid a wreath at the mass graves where more than 250,000 victims Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]