Just as Boko Haram terrorists released video of their recent attack on Nigerian Army University named Tukur Buratai Institute For War And Peace at Biu in Borno state during the week, former Senator Kaduna Central Senator in National Assembly, Shehu Sani has put up a question before President Muhammadu Buhari over the estimated 12 trillion naira budgeted for Military defense between 2016, being President Muhammadu Buhari first budget proposal in office to 2022.
Senator Shehu Sani said Zamfara and Borno State governors have revealed that Nigeria soldiers are still under equipped to fight Boko Haram and other terrorists war despite the trillions of naira budgeted for defense.
“From 2016 to date, over 12 trillion Naira has been budgeted for defense and security;yet the Governors of terrorists infested states like Zamfara and Borno have revealed that our forces are under-equipped to fight this war.Where goes all these monies?” Senator Shehu Sani said.
Boko Haram terrorists in the video shows heavy and powerful military war equipment in their possession which enabled them to break all barriers at the Nigerian Army War College in Biu, killing two workers and chasing Nigeria soldiers away.
It was gathered the attack was carried out on broad day light.
Although, the Boko Haram terrorists did not specify the date of the attack but it was learnt the attack occurred on Wednesday.
The war college is named after Former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai who is currently serving Nigeria as the nation’s ambassador to the Republic of Benin.
Biu community where the school is located is also the home town of the former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai.
Nigeria Government is currently in possession of Super Tucano fighter jets he acquired from United States of America to fight the Boko Haram terrorists but the more awareness campaign on the usefulness of the Super Tucano fighter jets to end insurgents, the more pronounced the killing and destructive activities of the Boko Haram, bandits and other forms of terrorists group become in Nigeria.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets16 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari14 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs15 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue