Just as Boko Haram terrorists released video of their recent attack on Nigerian Army University named Tukur Buratai Institute For War And Peace at Biu in Borno state during the week, former Senator Kaduna Central Senator in National Assembly, Shehu Sani has put up a question before President Muhammadu Buhari over the estimated 12 trillion naira budgeted for Military defense between 2016, being President Muhammadu Buhari first budget proposal in office to 2022.
Senator Shehu Sani said Zamfara and Borno State governors have revealed that Nigeria soldiers are still under equipped to fight Boko Haram and other terrorists war despite the trillions of naira budgeted for defense.
“From 2016 to date, over 12 trillion Naira has been budgeted for defense and security;yet the Governors of terrorists infested states like Zamfara and Borno have revealed that our forces are under-equipped to fight this war.Where goes all these monies?” Senator Shehu Sani said.
Boko Haram terrorists in the video shows heavy and powerful military war equipment in their possession which enabled them to break all barriers at the Nigerian Army War College in Biu, killing two workers and chasing Nigeria soldiers away.
It was gathered the attack was carried out on broad day light.
Although, the Boko Haram terrorists did not specify the date of the attack but it was learnt the attack occurred on Wednesday.
The war college is named after Former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai who is currently serving Nigeria as the nation’s ambassador to the Republic of Benin.
Biu community where the school is located is also the home town of the former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai.
Nigeria Government is currently in possession of Super Tucano fighter jets he acquired from United States of America to fight the Boko Haram terrorists but the more awareness campaign on the usefulness of the Super Tucano fighter jets to end insurgents, the more pronounced the killing and destructive activities of the Boko Haram, bandits and other forms of terrorists group become in Nigeria.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »