Human rights group, One Love Foundation has issued 72 hours ultimatum to the Federal Minister of Works, Babatude Raji Fashola to as a matter of urgency fix the failed portion of the Benin-Sapele road in Benin City, saying, the bad road has caused accident involving a lot of persons including soldiers and police officers.
One Love Foundation in a video authored by its President, Chief Patrick Eholor threatened to mobilize Nigerians to stage massive protest on the road and shut it down until Federal Government takes action.
Eholor in the video made available to the newsmen today expressed anger that the government of Muhammadu Buhari has been a testament of failures in all aspects of its operations.
Eholor seen in the video standing in the middle of the road, which the situation of the road shows the ever busy Benin-Sapele interstate road has become a pool of mud and slew, the activist, who is also known as Ultimate Equals said Fashola failed as a Governor, and has not been able to fulfill any of his promises during Buhari’s campaigns in 2015.
He stated that the Minister failed when he was in charge of Electricity, and has continued to fail even now that he is handlinging the Ministry of Works. He therefore threatened that his organization, One Love Foundation would mobilize a massive protest to the road that would shut it down until the minister takes a proactive step towards fixing the road.
His words “I have written a lot of articles about the incompetences of Babatunde Raji Fashola, former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister for Works.
“He is the man who said when APC come to power, they are going to give us electricity. He failed woefully and started giving excuses. As a Minister for Works, he also boasted that bad roads will disappear. Look at the roads he has given us. Look at Sapele Road in Benin City.
“We are giving you 72 hours to fix this road or we are going to shut this road down. Soldiers have had accidents on this road, police officers have had accidents on this road, farmers could not sell their products. We are tired of the failed Buhari administration.
“So we are giving you 72 hours to fix Sapele Road going to Warri, going to Bayelsa, going to Sapele. If you refuse to fix it because you enjoy the convenience of flying aeroplanes, we are going to shit down the road. A word is enough for the wise”.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets27 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari16 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs16 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]