[Video] Fix Benin-Sapele Road Now, Group Tells Fashola, FG
Human rights group, One Love Foundation has issued 72 hours ultimatum to the Federal Minister of Works, Babatude Raji Fashola to as a matter of urgency fix the failed portion of the Benin-Sapele road in Benin City, saying, the bad road has caused accident involving a lot of persons including soldiers and police officers.
One Love Foundation in a video authored by its President, Chief Patrick Eholor threatened to mobilize Nigerians to stage massive protest on the road and shut it down until Federal Government takes action.
Eholor in the video made available to the newsmen today expressed anger that the government of Muhammadu Buhari has been a testament of failures in all aspects of its operations.
Eholor seen in the video standing in the middle of the road, which the situation of the road shows the ever busy Benin-Sapele interstate road has become a pool of mud and slew, the activist, who is also known as Ultimate Equals said Fashola failed as a Governor, and has not been able to fulfill any of his promises during Buhari’s campaigns in 2015.
He stated that the Minister failed when he was in charge of Electricity, and has continued to fail even now that he is handlinging the Ministry of Works. He therefore threatened that his organization, One Love Foundation would mobilize a massive protest to the road that would shut it down until the minister takes a proactive step towards fixing the road.
His words “I have written a lot of articles about the incompetences of Babatunde Raji Fashola, former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister for Works.
“He is the man who said when APC come to power, they are going to give us electricity. He failed woefully and started giving excuses. As a Minister for Works, he also boasted that bad roads will disappear. Look at the roads he has given us. Look at Sapele Road in Benin City.
“We are giving you 72 hours to fix this road or we are going to shut this road down. Soldiers have had accidents on this road, police officers have had accidents on this road, farmers could not sell their products. We are tired of the failed Buhari administration.
“So we are giving you 72 hours to fix Sapele Road going to Warri, going to Bayelsa, going to Sapele. If you refuse to fix it because you enjoy the convenience of flying aeroplanes, we are going to shit down the road. A word is enough for the wise”.
- 100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In BornoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have stormed Iwe forest in Iwe community, Owan … Read More “100 NDLEA Operatives Storm Edo Forest, Destroy 3003kg Skunk, Arrest 2 In Borno” »
- Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In SenegalTensions remained high in Senegal as civilians continued to protest over the imprisonment of the country main opposition leader, Ousmane … Read More “Sonko: 19 Killed As Protesters Clash With Police In Senegal” »
- Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In BelgorodOne of the Sympathizer groups, Liberty of Russia Legion fighting Russia military in favour of Ukraine has accused President Vladimir … Read More “Sympathizers Accuse Putin Of Killing Innocent Russia Civilians In Belgorod” »
- Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple CollisionMore than 288 people have been killed and 1000 others injured in the late Friday evening multiple train accident in … Read More “Death Toll Rises More Than 288 In Indian Train Multiple Collision” »
- We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – UkraineUkrainian Air Force has said that the military shot down 15 cruise missiles and 21 Drones, Russia fired into the … Read More “We Shot Down 15 Russia Cruise Missiles, 21 Drones In Overnight Kyiv Attack – Ukraine” »