Tony Adun well known as Tony Kabaka, a dreaded motor park, bus driver and bike rider tax collector in Edo State has gone to church to seek closeness to the Almighty.
Tony Kabaka in a video was seen in a yet to be identified Church saying he has no power and money to fight to get back his multi million naira Hotel demolished by Edo State Government led by Godwin Obaseki in February, 2020 over alleged violation of government land laws.
Tony Kabaka who is the founder and Executive Director of Akugbe Ventures, a revenue collecting agency, the immediate past Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole contracted to collect tax revenue from motor parks, bus drivers and motorcycle riders in the whole of Edo State.
The amount Tony Kabaka was asked to remit monthly to state government were speculated to be below 25 million naira.
The contract gave more power and opportunity to Tony Kabaka to have in control more thousands of boys that may be considered civilian foot soldiers that were drawn across villages in the state as part of youth employment scheme.
Tony Kabaka who had worked with his Uncle, the former Chief Tax collector during Governor Lucky Igbinedion government and owner of Bob-Izua Motors, Chief Osamede Adun well known as Bob-Izua allegedly assaulted Comrade Adams Oshiomhole in court while the latter was trying to reclaim his stolen mandate from the then Governor Oserheimen Osunbor.
Soon after Adams Oshiomhole reclaimed his stolen mandate and sworn in as Governor on November 12, 2008, many expected the comrade governor to maltreat Tony Kabaka but the reverse was the case.
Adams Oshiomhole appears to be able to make Tony Kabaka understand that those he was working for, were only using his head as he has little or nothing to show as financial gain then.
Tony Kabaka started working for Adams Oshiomhole, and Governor Adams Oshiomhole who earlier on inauguration day banned the collection of taxes from bus drivers and motorcycle riders, saw Tony Kabaka returned for the tax collection.
Governor Adams Oshiomhole was widely applauded for breaking into the camp of the former dreaded tax collector, Chief Osamede Adun by bringing closer to self, Tony Kabaka.
Tony Kabaka reportedly assisted Governor Adams Oshiomhole in demolishing the houses or buildings of his Uncle and former boss, Chief Osamede Adun.
Governor Adams Oshiomhole met strong resistance when he used police men to attempt to demolish the popular Bob-Izua park at the then Ring road now Oba Ovonramwen square at the center of Benin City.
Adams Oshiomhole decided to demolish some of the structures in the square to pave way for development but there were reported cases of exchange of gun fire between the police and thugs at the popular Oba Ovonramwen square.
The demolition reportedly took place when Tony Kabaka led his boys to carry out the demolition order.
Tony Kabaka became very rich under Adams Oshiomhole. Owns and drive many very expensive exotic cars, set up businesses and builds multi million naira mansions. Achieved things he could not while working with the former boss and other political actors.
Today, Tony Kabaka worshiped Adams Oshiomhole like second god because the former governor did not only use him but shows great value for his work that earns him multi millionaire status.
Tony Kabaka street credibility or ability to command and control boys became higher and dreaded under Adams Oshiomhole government.
Soon after Governor Godwin Obaseki came into power, he bans Tony Kabaka Akugbe Ventures from the collection of taxes from motor parks, bus drivers and motorcycle riders across the state and introduced a new way of direct tax payment to Edo State Government.
Tony Kabaka who may least expect such action from Governor Godwin Obaseki because they fought for his first term electioneering victory, had series of confrontations with the governor’s team in enforcing the government executive order.
Governor Godwin Obaseki used almost similar style former Governor Adams Oshiomhole used to control the influence and powers of Chief Osamede Adun a.k.a Bob-Izua in the state.
Governor Godwin Obaseki empowered directly most of the people trained and raised by Tony Kabaka, most of them now have multi million naira mansions and gradually created depletion in Tony Kabaka’s camp.
Tony Kabaka at a point resorted to social media activism, castigating and insulting Governor Godwin Obaseki through recorded videos.
When Governor Godwin Obaseki decided to demolish Tony Kabaka hotel prior to the September 19, 2020 Edo State Governorship election, the Governor was commended by many due to the way and manner Tony Kabaka allegedly disregarded and disrespected the office and the person occupying the office of a governor in some of his recorded videos.
In one of the videos, Tony Kabaka was accused of threatening the life of the governor and trying to make mockery of the Governor’s childlessness.
Tony Kabaka approached High Court and the court few days ago ruled in his favour.
The state government is yet appeal the High Court judgement.
Since after the court judgement, Tony Kabaka has been very humble in victory, asking his supporters not to over exaggerate in order not to provoke the governor, saying, he was wrong and Governor Godwin Obaseki was only trying to correct his wrong.
He thereafter attended Sunday Church service where Tony Kabaka was seen on the Church altar asking God to touch the heart of Governor Godwin Obaseki to build back his demolished hotel.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets27 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari16 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs16 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue