Kwara state Government under the leadership of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq said he has suspended the Head and Principal of the Madrasah Arabic school in Ganmo town in the Ifelodun local government area of the state following a viral video where female student among others were seen gang beaten and brutally dehumanized by four other male students.
The students were gang beaten one after the other on the instruction of the suspended school head for a reason yet to be ascertained, according to Kwara state government.
Kwara state government in a press release issued few hours ago by the Honourable Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, Hajia Sa’adatu Modibbo Kawu did not state the reason behind the school principal’s action but some students said the school head ordered the male students to gang beat and dehumanize the victims for attending a party which the principal said it’s against the school rules.
Kwara state government said the father of the sole girl in the viral video who is among the 5 affected students supported the gang beating but the government said it considered the action harsh, thereafter ordered the suspension of the school head and set up committee to investigate the issue of the Head of the Arabic school who the government said admitted to directing the punishment.
A Kwara State Government’s delegation has visited the Arabic school whose students were seen in a video footage being punished for alleged conducts conceived to be contrary to the rules of the school.
The team comprised the Hon. Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, Hajia Sa’adatu Modibbo Kawu; Special Assistant to the Governor on Religion (Islam) Alhaji Danmaigoro; Doctor Saudat AbduBaqi of the University of Ilorin; Mallam Lawal Olohungbebe of Kwara State University; and Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Rafiu Ajakaye.
The team was joined by the Divisional Police Officer Ganmo, SP Oko Nkama; and a representative of the NSCDC, DSC, Parati AbdulHameed.
The government’s team carefully listened to the authorities of the Arabic school, the father of the sole girl in the video, and four other students involved in the unsavoury development.
Regardless of the explanations of the authorities on the development, the self-confessed consent of the parents and regret of the affected students, the government seriously frowns at the harsh beating seen in the footage.
Consequently, the government has directed the setting up of an investigative committee, comprising Muslim scholars, leaders and government officials, to look into the issue while the head of the Arabic school, who admitted to directing the punishment, has been asked to step aside pending the conclusion of the investigation.
The government has also taken the affected students to a public hospital for proper medical examination and treatment. This is to ensure that none of them suffers any physical or psychological damage.
The government appeals for calm while the committee does it works and submits a report for further action.
The government commends the Ganmo Muslim community for the support given to the team.
- Zamfara In War, Governor Orders Citizens To Get Guns For Self Help, Closes Markets15 views By Ibrahim Dosara Following increase in the activities of bandits in various parts of the state and the government commitment to ensure adequate security and protection of lives and property of the citizenry in the state, particularly during this rainy season, government has resolved to take further measures to deal with the recent Continue
- Troops Invade Unknown Gunmen Shrine, Recover Weapons21 views By Onyema Nwachukwu A joint security team consisting of troops of 302 Regiment of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Nigerian Navy, Department of State Services and Nigeria Police Force have dislodged camps belonging to Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) at Idara Nnebo, Ihe Mbosi villages and Ukpor Continue
- What I Want Nigerians Living Abroad To Do – Buhari14 views By Femi Adesina President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kigali, Rwanda, hailed Nigerian youths excelling at home and abroad, saying the country will welcome inputs and investments from compatriots with international exposure for the economy to thrive. The President spoke at a town hall meeting with Nigerians in the Diaspora on the margins of Continue
- R Kelly Faces New Prison Sentences Wednesday15 views World accepted greatest R and B singer, R Kelly may face more stiffer prison sentences on Wednesday over alleged sexual abuse of minors. R Who came into limelight in 1996 with his hit song, “I Believe I Can Fly” is billed to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday in Continue
- [VIDEO] I Want To Donate My Kidney To Help Save Ekweremadu’s Daughter, Lady Begs15 views A lady based in Ilorin, Kwara State, has volunteered to donate her human organ to save the life of Sonia Ekweremadu, the daughter of the detained former Nigeria Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. The lady who spoke with a journalist at Ilorin, said her decision to part away one of her kidneys was Continue
[spreaker type=player resource=”show_id=4980924″ width=”720px” height=”600px” theme=”light” playlist=”show” playlist-continuous=”true” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]