A woman who identified herself as a school teacher, teaching for the past 26 years has narrated how she has been buying and re-buying land from one group of land grabbers to another in Edo State.
The woman in the video cried and said after buying the land, she was made to buy the same land again from different set of people.
Adding, after settling the alleged land grabbers, she started raised the building, only to her surprise, another person fenced the whole area including her house.
She said the alleged new land grabber insisted that both her house and the entire area fenced belongs to him.
The woman spoke in bini language.
She said she has built the house to roofing stage before the new alleged land grabber stopped her from roofing the house.
In a swift reaction, a human rights activist, Kola Edokpayi called on the Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki and the Benin Monarch, Oba Ewuare II to come to the aide of the woman.
Kola Edokpayi added the Chief Priest of Okhuoromi Community in Oredo local government area of Edo State allegedly responsible for the land grabbing should be call to order.
A Benin woman who worked for almost 26 years as a Teacher saved money to acquire a plot of land at Okhuoromi Community, Oredo Local Government Area and managed to erect a structure has cried out for assistance as the Chief Priest (Ohen) of Okhuoromi, a young man known for the unrepentant demolition of people’s houses with impunity has forcefully seized her property. The said Chief Priest has allegedly erected a perimeter fence and threatened the woman not to enter her land again. The Oba of Benin and the Governor of Edo State need to come to the aid of the poor woman.said Kola Edokpayi.
- COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil FuelLarge numbers of people at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday, protested and chanted for an end to fossil fuels and … Read More “COP28 Protesters Demand Ceasefire In Gaza, End Of Fossil Fuel” »
- We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC BossBy Press Unit Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, has vowed to tackle … Read More “We’re Going To Give Sleepless Nights To Those Stealing Our Money – EFCC Boss” »
- Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our TimesIsraeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has maintained strong stance that the elimination of the Palestinian fighters, Hamas is a must … Read More “Israeli PM To Hamas: We Are The Maccabees Of Our Times” »
- I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC BossBy Dele Oyewale Attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes, EFCC, has been drawn to some needless misrepresentation of the … Read More “I Never Said 7 Out Of 10 Nigerian Students Are ‘Criminals’ – EFCC Boss” »
- NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In EdoBy Femi Babafemi Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have repelled rain of bullets from armed hoodlums … Read More “NDLEA, Gunmen In Gun Battle In Edo” »